Pavement parking

It is reported today that MPs are pushing for pavement parking to be made illegal everywhere.

Further proof that these halfwits seldom venture from Westminster and surroundings and have no common sense.
(Current carryings on are surely proof of this?)
Many towns have streets of terraced housing with no drives or off-road parking spaces: many of these streets are not wide enough to park on both sides without effectively turning them into one-lane roads, too narrow for access for fire engines, bin lorries or other wide vehicles.
Residents parking half on can often leave space for prams/wheelchairs and space for wider vehicles, this works on our road but a total ban would be a problem.

Buckstones:
It is reported today that MPs are pushing for pavement parking to be made illegal everywhere.

Further proof that these halfwits seldom venture from Westminster and surroundings and have no common sense.
(Current carryings on are surely proof of this?)
Many towns have streets of terraced housing with no drives or off-road parking spaces: many of these streets are not wide enough to park on both sides without effectively turning them into one-lane roads, too narrow for access for fire engines, bin lorries or other wide vehicles.
Residents parking half on can often leave space for prams/wheelchairs and space for wider vehicles, this works on our road but a total ban would be a problem.

This is the second time this year I’ve read about this, Can you imagine the chaos it will cause. transport-network.co.uk/MPs … king/16145

more fines and revenue from the motoring cash cow…kerching,nothing more than that.

I agree as long as there are exemptions for terraced streets etc

Too many are pavement parking as a bad habit using stupid excuses to do so

If we park on the road on our estate the road would be blocked to other traffic, that MP woman needs to take up knitting or darning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we going to see some kind of Japanese ‘Proof of parking’ law implemented where on-street parking is generally banned. :open_mouth:

I see this hot potato is back on the agenda again! :open_mouth: The government just launched a consultation period starting yesterday and running until the 22nd November on how it will stop vehicles parking on pavements. fleetnews.co.uk/news/compan … arking-ban

It will be the same everywhere as it already is in many parts of Londonistan - If you don’t have your own off-street parking you’ll either pay to use designated car parks/spaces, accept that you cannot park outside your home or give up car ownership altogether.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I had always assumed that parking on a pavement was illegal anyway…

Darkside:

It is in London, and it is everywhere else as well for HGVs.

Roymondo:

Darkside:

It is in London, and it is everywhere else as well for HGVs.

Yep got done in Harold hill last Thursday [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As we all know it is illegal to drive on the pavement then … how do you get to park on it … crane it on !!

ROG:
As we all know it is illegal to drive on the pavement then … how do you get to park on it … crane it on !!

How do people get cars onto their driveway if there is a pavement there?
[emoji3]

Franglais:

ROG:

How do people get cars onto their driveway if there is a pavement there?
[emoji3]

There is a legal exemption for that

It’s a good distraction from more important issues, deflecting attention from the management of the pandemic and economy.

The ban on pavement parking debate has just reared it’s head again especially as government want to change roads/streets and encourage modal shift to active travel such as cycling. They want to introduce a civil obstruction offence or a national ban :open_mouth: transport-network.co.uk/TRO … form/17446

‘London’ can obviously make some convenient exemptions when Boris’ LibDem friends votes are at stake.Not much ‘modal shift’ to cycling happening there.
All legal and permitted by signage.
goo.gl/maps/NyYk12oiCWHGz6EK8

Won’t be an issue by the time it comes into force, the great voting unwashed pleb population arn’t part of the private motoring plan in the utopian green future, their petrol and Diesel powered cars will be taxed off the road and they will be expected to travel to their allocated instruction and subsequent work stations by foot or on a scooter/bicycle or via public transport.

Don’t expect this to change unless you, the electorate, are prepared to stop voting for the same tribes whilst expecting, as you do, a different results each time.

It would also help if you, as citizens, stopped so willingly doing the bidding of a handful of oligarchs and their owners, the real rich who own the world and dictate to their underlings, our govts (prime examples of which will be preening their egos at Glasgow this week), and instead of blindly doing as you are bidden instead learned the meaning and usage of the word NO.

Juddian:
Don’t expect this to change unless you, the electorate, are prepared to stop voting for the same tribes whilst expecting, as you do, a different results each time.

It would also help if you, as citizens, stopped so willingly doing the bidding of a handful of oligarchs and their owners, the real rich who own the world and dictate to their underlings, our govts

By definition elected government also isn’t part of that agenda so ‘voting’ is moot.
Resistance isn’t going to be an option with all the tools of control that ‘they’ already have and are increasing by the day.
But if Greta says it’s all good for us then who are we to argue.

Latest update on pavement parking is that the analysis is complete & they’re just waiting on a ministerial decision, Ministers are considering whether to create a civil obstruction offence or implement a national ban, which could extend restrictions already in place in London across the country. :open_mouth: