Ford bringing the Capri name back?

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:
I have a foot in both camps with owning an ICE car & a “joke” EV, How many BEV’s have you driven to come up with that statement? I’ve driven four different brands of BEV’s before choosing my MG ZS EV & none of them were “joke” ev’s. The one pedal driving & quiet drive is a breath of fresh air for me.
Besides I don’t subscribe to the world according to carryfast.
The thing with the “joke” EV is it drives superb, Very smooth & responsive & still way cheaper to run than my ICE car for my personal car requirements to the point where I doubt I’ll use the ICE car again but I never burn my bridges.

I’ve been following this transition to BEV’s since the onset of the Paris accord back in 2015 purely because it’s something our generation hasn’t seen before which will cause untold disruption & that doesn’t mean I’m advocating it. If the powers that be could have come up with some arrangement to allow all parties to continue driving both types of vehicles then all’s good with me.
But looking at the future regulations it doesn’t appear that fossil fuels will have a smooth ride unless you have deep pockets judging by the outcome of the EU vote yesterday. 27 EU countries backed the vote with Poland voting against it & Bulgaria, Italy and Romania abstaining.
euractiv.com/section/road-t … from-2035/

EV is fine if you’re a retired old giffer who just does a bit of local urban/city driving, but a long journey and you enter the twilight zone of range anxiety, finding a charger, joining the queue and having to wait and buy expensive coffee while your conveyance’s battery can be coaxed back to life, real progress all that.
The Chinese ‘MG’ certainly seems to be marketed exclusively to the aforementioned type from the examples I see on the road, with silver haired owners trying to relive their youth when they drove a proper MG :laughing: Hopefully Ford will leave the Capri name to history, they could abbreviate the name on an EV version and just call it Crap.

I’d guess that lanpudn’s idea of a ‘proper’ MG or Ford Capri has a maximum of 4 cylinders and an auto box and preferably Chinese made EV.
Foot in both camps indeed.