New Oil Licenses

Franglais:

lancpudn:

Franglais:

lancpudn:
Ouch! Our government have just reaffirmed it’s carbon budget emission reductions of 68% by 2030 ahead of COP27 :open_mouth: That’s higher than the EU’s ‘Fit for 55%’ emission reductions by 2030.

“Reaffirming the UK’s commitment to slashing carbon emissions by at least 68% of 1990 levels by 2030 shows a determination by the new administration to demonstrate continued global climate leadership as it prepares to hand over the COP Presidency in November,” said Environmental Audit Committee chairman Philip Dunne MP.
edie.net/uk-reaffirms-carbo … -concerns/

I aim to be a gold medal winner in the next Olympics. I will do that by being quicker than everyone else.
By eating pizza and sleeping a lot I am confident that I will succeed. I have faith in myself, and wont listen to the nay-sayers.

Alike the past few years, talking of a target or an ambition, is not the same a having an Actual Viable Plan!

They will need to get their backside in gear then because those are legally binding standards.

And what do the present Gov care for rules and laws?
Truss, Kwarteng, Rees-Mogg, won`t be losing out will they?

To keep inside our obligations, yes, we need to do more.
It ain`t gonna happen, is it?

You’d have thought that the UK government would be tired of losing high court cases by now, I read yesterday that Germany are experiencing the same thing & are knee deep in court cases over them going back to fossil fuel electricity production by the very same people who keep taking the UK government to the cleaners, Greenpeace, Clientearth & the W.H.O. & German citizens from the four major cities Munich, Düsseldorf, Berlin, and Frankfurt.