Man Utd

Manchester Utd have become just another PL club, part of the problem is the way the fans talk about the club as if they have a divine right to be at the top simply because they are “Manchester Utd”.

Football has always come and gone in cycles as far as successful teams in this country go. Hell, my beloved Nottingham Forest won league titles & back to back European cups in the 70’s and 80’s and were the best team for a period - sadly it was before I was born! The only reason Manchester Utd had theirs for so long was a combination of having the greatest manager this country has ever seen (and I am no fan of his personally) and getting a bit lucky with the class of '92 lads coming through at the same time early into Fergie’s reign. Lets not forget during the 90’s and 2000’s they were regularly able to outspend anyone to get all the best players - now they moan at the money that has come to Chelsea and City which I have always found hypocritical.

I’ve never been convinced Fergie retired in 2013 on health grounds - he saw the writing on the wall with City and Chelsea and knew they could no longer compete long term.