Glastonbury 2022

Anybody else watching it on TV.?
Missed Sam Fender (afaik) trying to find him on you tube, or I’ll check the I player.

Just been watching Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds,.excellent, …plus he done a couple of Oasis tracks,.went down well with a few beers. :smiley:

Looking forward to watching the great (80 yr old ffs :open_mouth: ) Macca, 9pm BBC1 .

Will be looking for Robert Plant, Tom Robinson band,… may even watch Pet Shop Boys to relive some 80s memories. :smiley:
(Got very varied tastes :smiley: )
Keep music live man. :sunglasses: :smiley:

haven’t watch any of it yet…but folk saying Wet Leg were very impressive :slight_smile: 2 girls from my second home,the IoW :sunglasses:

carryfast-yeti:
haven’t watch any of it yet…but folk saying Wet Leg were very impressive :slight_smile: 2 girls from my second home,the IoW :sunglasses:

They used to be ‘‘Shampoo’’ in the 80s…I’m in trouble’
Not my cup of tea, but I know these things…I’m a mine of useless information. :laughing:

robroy:

carryfast-yeti:

Not my cup of tea, but I know these things…I’m a mine of useless information. :laughing:

hmm…don’t they were even born in the 80’s robroy!

carryfast-yeti:

robroy:

carryfast-yeti:

hmm…don’t they were even born in the 80’s robroy!

You know what mate,.l?
I reckon you’re right.
I’m sure I heard that somewhere last week on the radio, after hearing their track ‘■■■■■■■■■’ on.Chris Moyles programme.
I’m either picked it up wrong, imagining it…or cracking up… :laughing:
So just ignore me…everybody else does.,.I ain’t as clever as I think I am. :laughing:

Glastonbury and the like are not my idea of pleasure. More like purgatory for me! I prefer musical music… Each to their own, eh?

Dipster:
Glastonbury and the like are not my idea of pleasure. More like purgatory for me! I prefer musical music… Each to their own, eh?

Have you actually even watched it?..and without prejudice??

What do you call ‘musical music’ exactly? :neutral_face: …I’m genuinely curious.
There is virtually everything there for every taste, (maybe apart from classical) pop, rock,.r&b middle of the road, rap, soul, rock and roll, disco, and all the rest you can think of ffs. :smiley:

There was even one of the 2 guys who is responsible , or or at least who had a very big influence in how music has been shaped for last 60 years (Paul McCartney),.who sang songs from the 50s and 60 70s 80s and right up to date.

I’ve always been a music lover,.and I have a much varied taste in music, …granted there was stuff there that definitely wasn’t for me, but I fail to see how you can put it all down under one umbrella as being …basically crap. :neutral_face:

Btw did anybody else think.that Diana Ross was poor?
As my lad said,.she sounded like a dodgy karaoke singer.
Highlight for me was Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters …and Bruce Springsteen ! :open_mouth: flying over especially btw :open_mouth: ., to do 3 or 4 tracks with Paul M’Cartney…oh yeh and the ‘virtual duet’ with John Lennon.

robroy:

Dipster:

What do you call ‘musical music’ exactly? :neutral_face: …I’m genuinely curious.

I haven’t watched any but I suspect there wasn’t any representation from the big musicals.

youtu.be/0IagRZBvLtw

njl:

robroy:

Dipster:

I haven’t watched any but I suspect there wasn’t any representation from the big musicals.

youtu.be/0IagRZBvLtw

Ah right,.‘MUSICAL music’…I was a bit slow there,.I get it now.
Nah, if Julie Andrews and ■■■■ Van Dyke with his cockney accent guvnor :smiley: , is the stuff that floats your collective boats…maybe not the thing for either of you after all . :bulb: :laughing:

BUT !!..after saying that I think I remember Liza Minelli once rocking up at Glasto a few years ago singing ‘‘Cabaret’’ so you both missed that experience… :smiley:

Wanna give this one a crack, Robroy?

bigredbash.com.au/home

I’ve got room for you and your missus to get your heads down, on the way and way back. :wink:

robroy:
Anybody else watching it on TV.?
Missed Sam Fender (afaik) trying to find him on you tube, or I’ll check the I player.

Just been watching Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds,.excellent, …plus he done a couple of Oasis tracks,.went down well with a few beers. :smiley:

Looking forward to watching the great (80 yr old ffs :open_mouth: ) Macca, 9pm BBC1 .

Will be looking for Robert Plant, Tom Robinson band,… may even watch Pet Shop Boys to relive some 80s memories. :smiley:
(Got very varied tastes :smiley: )
Keep music live man. :sunglasses: :smiley:

Macca was worth watching, he got great reviews and a huge audience, some of the comments from people saying they waited all of their lives to hear him sing some songs, what a life the man had always my favourite Beatle.
There was a program about the band wings over America following the tour it’s well worth watching

Star down under.:

bigredbash.com.au/home

I’ve got room for you and your missus to get your heads down, on the way and way back. :wink:

Bit far to travel mate…maybe would fancy the Stones tribute band,but not too sure about… ‘‘Chocolate Starfish’’ . :laughing:

robroy:

Star down under.:

bigredbash.com.au/home

Bit far to travel mate…maybe would fancy the Stones tribute band,but not too sure about… ‘‘Chocolate Starfish’’ . :laughing:

The definitive Brit sound of better days.

youtu.be/nroJXdw6sv8

As for the Ozzies it’s that or Rolf Harris tie me kangaroo down.But still no need to go to the outback to hear it.

youtu.be/ibK5T85Iy3o

robroy:

Star down under.:

bigredbash.com.au/home

Righto, I won’t put extra beer in the fridge then. :laughing:

Star down under.:

robroy:

Star down under.:

bigredbash.com.au/home

Righto, I won’t put extra beer in the fridge then. :laughing:

Probably better to ship a container load of Fuller’s London Pride and ESB than have to drink the local Castlemaine stuff.
Rolf Harris will sound just as good as INXS after that.