Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
Another EV charging company Gridserve is upping it’s ev charging prices with immediate effect rising from 30p/kWh to 39p/kWh for their medium power chargers (60kW) & their high powered chargers (up to 350kW) are rising to 45p/kWh. fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ling-costs

So the equivalent of around £4 to do 25 miles at 2.5 miles per kwh + road fuel duty and 20% VAT + battery costs.
Bearing in mind that most cars can manage around 30 miles on a £7 gallon ‘including’ road fuel duty and 20% VAT.
Assuming hydrogen for the equivalent price of diesel becomes reality as stated, there will be a lot of EV manufacturing investors left with egg on their faces.
It’s up to the manufacturers whether they want to sink with the failed EV idea or swim by keeping the faith with ICE powered products, which can remain compliant with rules post 2030 and which their customer base clearly wants to keep and which will be the only way to sustain present taxation revenues without financially crippling that revenue stream.

Just glad my EV usage means I have nowt to do with those expensive public chargers but saying that our daughter is using our MG EV until her Ford Kuga is repaired & back on the road, £717 two weeks ago to repair the heating system & three days later the clutch goes belly up, All common Kuga problems according to the forums.

I’ve been charging it every night for her over the last week or so as she does much more mileage than we do. I’d hate to think how she’d cope with having no off road home charging :open_mouth:

Yes Hydrogen will play a big part in the de-carbonization but not for at least a decade & then freight transport will get the first dibs on that. It was decided back in 2015 that e-transport would prevail over other means of energy as there wont be enough bio-fuels for the remaining ICE vehicles on the road as it stands today plus bio-fuels will still have a carbon pricing on it which will make it more expensive for the average motorist.

Speaking of investors The money people have decided there’s no way back for Gas to be classed as a green sustainable energy, Climate investors worth €50 trillion call on the EU to exclude gas from green finance taxonomy :open_mouth: euractiv.com/section/energy … -taxonomy/ Fun times ahead. :open_mouth: