Household heat pumps

Yet more depressing news of the dystopian green nightmare ‘lifestyle’ we are having imposed where unless you are middle class upward and can afford to take the chance on the likes of heat pumps and EV’s which are not even an improvement on what they are supposedly replacing, it’s just not progress and we will be going backwards in this Country while the likes of China carry on regardless :unamused:

My humble abode is a 2 bedroom mid terrace which is well insulated with heating and hot water supplied by a 2 year old gas combi boiler, much more efficient than its predecessor and on a cold winters day the house heats up so quickly, from what I can gather if is was gullible enough to have a heat pump (can’t afford that anyway) my radiators wouldn’t be compatible so they would need replacing with ones the size of a barn door or all the floors would need coming up for the underfloor option, there is literally no room for the required hot water cylinder either and the heat these things produce is very modest compared to what I have now. I guess I will have to go cold if a Government carbon neutral Gestapo turns up to turn my gas off in the future :open_mouth: