Farewell old friend

Franglais:
Less likely to loose your licence with a Stag: more a relaxed Grand Tourer, than a rush-around sports car. Nice V8 rumble, and the cooling issues should be well sorted now. Not so much a design fault as awful quality control at BL. Casting sand has been found in the engines when they failed and were rebuilt. TheTR6 and other PI Triumph had fuel vapourisation issues. Pump would heat up, and hot starts could be a problem. One contemporary “cure” was a wet towel in the boot to throw over the pump!
My last GT6 was only a few years back, and although I`m not (quite) past it yet, it did seem much smaller than when I first had one.
Not that comfortable really. As you say a lively back end, with a cast iron block sat over the front axle, and nowt much over the back, it is a fun car!

Anything other than wisbones/multi link which can retain a decent camber setting across their arc is a compromise.
Swinging arms and to a lesser extent semi trailing arms can jack up to positive camber on the loaded side.

A common problem with the PI was the mechanical metering unit going out of calibration and/or wearing out.

A triple weber conversion was the best solution being way superior to the Lucas PI system just like it was better than the primitive Bosch EFI systems used on the BMW M30 and the Opel 2.8 engines for example.Easier to maintain and better performance in all cases.
Even the multiple throttle Lucas system which was its advantage over the single throttle body German competition.