Farewell old friend

robroy:
I had a Triumph GT6 when I was younger, basically a hardtop Spitfire with a 2 litre engine in instead of a 1300…same engine as your car afaik.
I had to get shot of it before I killed myself in it, the engine was far too powerful for the car,.as it’s handling did not do the engine justice, it was dodgy going into corners,.and lethal in the wet with it’s independent suspension…wider wheels made it worse not better. :unamused:
My mate maybe saved my life when he borrowed it and put it through a fence. :smiley:
I was in a local nightclub where everybody kept coming up to me asking if I was ok, after they had seen the car smashed up…that is when I found out. :smiley:[/quote

Many years ago I had a Renault 6 (a slightly posh Renault 4) with an 1100cc engine. It went very well and handled too. I used to drive it with, shall we say, verve. One day I was pushing on and overtook a red Spitfire. The driver apparently took umbrage and started pushing on too! All good fun until the lethal swing axle rear suspension of the Spit got the upper hand. The wee car exited the carriageway backwards heading for the greenery! Oops…