Is the Labour Party dead

Franglais:

robroy:
If there was a proper Labour Party…ie a party with their feet on the ground,.and in touch with the requirements and needs of people who work for a living, in the working class, they would get my vote every time.
It’s ridiculous that people like me are voting for the opposing main party only to keep OUT a party that they should be voting FOR, whose sole original reason to be is to represent me and people like me.
What a cluster [zb] of a situation.
They need to get back to their roots, a multi millionaire ex QC who owns in excess of 10 million pounds worth of land, can not possibly empathise with the needs or the life of a working man and woman.

youtu.be/FBrVemRuNa4

Keir Starmer, born in Southwark to a nurse and tool-maker, passed his eleven plus exams and entered a state grammar school. (It converted into a fee paying school whilst he was already there)
He does own land, near where his family moved to. He apparently bought it for his mother as a donkey sanctuary. Like a lot of land it has probably increased in value over the years a lot.
10million? Whose estimate is that? Green belt land with no planning permission?
I’m sure I don’t know, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Here is a little link about where that land story originated
tatler.com/article/sir-keir … 10-million

Ironically Surrey’s Green Belt is only worth that much because of the cross party support to use it for development after first conveniently either turning it into golf courses or playing fields or ‘equestrian use’ and then trashing it to get Vince Cable’s ‘unattractive green belt’ designation.
Isn’t this the same ‘labour party’ that put Yvette Cooper in to campaign for development on the ‘urban fringe’ which obviously means most of what remains of Surrey after Southwark to almost Letherhead has already gone under the dozer of London’s never ending expansion.
The truth is non green belt rural farmland in other parts of the country has more protection against ‘change of use’ to ‘recreational’ uses, let alone development, than Surrey’s Green Belt has and the speculators know it.
So what if he hadn’t passed his elitist eleven + then what ?.
Let Londoners stay in their own zb hole not turn yet more of Surrey into yet more of that zb hole where he was born and should stay.