DVLA considering my fitness to drive

Hi all,
Back at the start of august I applied for a provision cat c + e, got the medical through “yourdriversmedical” and the doctor, who I had only met for five minutes or so, checked a box to say ‘suffered significant psychiatric illness in the past 6 months” I did not report any psychiatric problems to him except for my diagnoses of very mild ptsd and Asperger’s, but for some reason he felt inclined to tick this box (I assume it’s him covering himself)

On the 1st of September the dvla sent me a letter stating that they were investigating wether I’m fit to hold my car licence and that they need to write to my gp for more information

On the 15th my GP filled out the form from the dvla in front of me, questions were things like ‘does patient have schizophrenia’ ‘does patient have bipolar’ no questions about my ptsd or Asperger’s at all.

Now we’re on the 27th and I still haven’t heard back from the dvla or got my licence back I assume they’re “making a decision” wether To revoke my car licence or not. The problem is i have now lost a job opportunity (that’s why I applied for a provisional lorry licence in the first place) and it seems like they’re trying to revoke my car licence. I must stress that I do not, nor have I ever, suffered any significant mental illness. My ptsd only causes nightmares and has no effect on my driving whatsoever. The idiot doctor from yourdrivermedical made it sound like I am mentally unwell

I need my car licence as I have a disabled sister who relies on me driving. What can I do to prove to the dvla that I do not suffer from a disorder that effects my driving? My gp didn’t get a chance to explain that my ptsd is very very mild, all she got was a copy and paste standard form

I have had dealings with the Dvla medical section before and it’s a shut in or closed in set of affairs in that department as they are not easy to contact to get information.

At least you were being honest in what you did, if you failed to declare any conditions the fine is £1000.

Another way of looking at it is, if you didn’t declare it, then possibly nothing happens for years and years then someone is killed when you driving a lorry or a car, the ■■■ then hits the fan as you will be looking at prison time depending on the circumstances, but the authorities as in the crown prosecution service, the Traffic Commissioner, your defence barrister, DVSA enforcement and doctors will be all very interested in your medical past history.
The barristers on both the prosecution and defence can obtain all the previous history from the medical records.