Can you drive whilst on b/p tablets

DrPhilThornley:
Absolutely you can still drive on this. For a group 2 (HGV and bus) licence the blood pressure mustn’t be “consistently above 180/100”. In other words it’s okay if one of those numbers sometimes goes above 180 or 100 and as long as it doesn’t stay consistently above those numbers.
Blood pressure tablets virtually never cause any side-effects that affect driving safety so it’s fine to drive on blood pressure tablets so long as you feel okay.
Remember that the DVLA numbers are only chosen to be what they are because so long as your blood pressure is below those numbers you’re not likely to have any sudden health problems. Of course, blood pressure should generally be kept a fair bit lower than this if you want to look after your long-term health. DVLA are not concerned with your long-term health. They are only concerned with sudden health problems which could cause an accident.

Thankyou , that one less thing to worry about , as I said she said average was 139 ( which I thought was ok ) , but she said must be below 135 if diabetic , though have read they’ve been lowering the goal posts for a while , hospital / doctors are the only time I get near 180 , get worked up