Driving under Section 88

Well, the situation has finally arisen.

DVLA have my licence application, and have written to the GP and await their reply. Nothing has changed, still taking the anti-depressants daily.

Now, the nice operative on the end of the telephone communication broadcasting device told me of the ability to drive under Section 88, and emailed me a link with the details and a link.

What I forgot to ask, and can’t find in the information is whether my employer will require any paperwork or letter detailing my fitness to drive, etc.

Does anyone have an answer?

Greatly appreciated, thanks,
Steve

I can’t find a definitive answer but if it was me I’d get a letter off the GP saying that in his/her opinion you’re fit to drive and have or intend to tell the DVSA that it’s their opinion that nothing has changed and you’re still fit to drive.

tachograph:
I can’t find a definitive answer but if it was me I’d get a letter off the GP saying that in his/her opinion you’re fit to drive and have or intend to tell the DVSA that it’s their opinion that nothing has changed and you’re still fit to drive.

I thought a letter of some sort would be a good idea, after I’d posted the above. So promptly rang the doctors surgery to request one to the effect of “let the poor man drive, he’s got kids to feed”.

Gaffer understood though, which is nice.

Heard nothing from the doctors though, so the wife is going to pop in on the school run to see what’s happening.

Thanks for the reply tachograph it’s appreciated.

i was told i could drive under section 88 when the ****s at DVLA held onto my licence due to taking a very mild anti depressant.

You try going for a driving job with no licence you can show a prospective employer. No chance of getting a job. Section 88 is just a cop out for DVLA - "Your still entitled to drive " guff etc etc when realistically they know you have no chance. ■■■■■■■■ messed me about for over 3 months and gave me my licence back 18th dec last yr which proved useless as the xmas busy period had passed me by and jan/feb is always crap agency wise. Then this virus crap so i am now living on £300 per month universal credit