Concerned about medical for HGV licence renewal

Socketset:
As said,wife was on Mirtazapine for a couple of years and had no side effects at all - they made her feel good again and she weaned herself off them no trouble.

Here’s the rub. My Doc wants me to take anti depressants of one type or another and I won’t take them - I’ve tried one or two and have had serious side effects with them, not mentally but physically, gave me terrible runs and other nasty digestive problems. But here’s the thing, Doc knows what I do for a living so if she thinks I’ll be fine (and she’s first in the firing line) why don’t the muppets in Swansea.

I’m at a loss about this - you’re not taking LSD where you think you can fly or see rabbits playing trombones - they just make you feel better in yourself and can help you with your day. End of.

I take Lorazepam, half a mil every couple of days - such a low dose my Doc thinks they’re more of a placebo but it works for me but I had to tell Swansea but they were OK about it and this is classed as a sedative - as far as I know anti depressants aren’t sedatives in any shape or form - they just slow the uptake of seratonin which helps to lift mood and make you feel better about stuff.

I hope things get resolved for you quickly.

My doctor is in the Doc Martin school. I asked if I could stop taking some of my medication. I survive on pain killers and stomach protectors but also take a tablet for blood thinning and one for being raving mad. He said NO

You may not stop, if you do you may die, either by trying to fly or from a heart problem. :laughing:

OK I will keep taking the tablets Doc