Shoulder injury

happened in my garden 3 weeks ago.arm in a sling for 2 weeks,then back to the fracture clinic today.they told me still a problem,and being booked for an ultrasound scan :frowning:
until that i don’t know if i’ll be able to continue my driving career.not happy :cry:

Sorry to here that, i hope they can sort it.

thank you,cypry0

You’re welcome. I know how you feel, I’ve just left my job. Due to having a degenerative neurological condition, which has caused me to lose control of my left hand.
I can still drive ok, but its a nightmare trying to do air lines and the like.
Dont know what i will be doing next, I’ve been lorry driving for the last 37 years :astonished:
The dogs loving me home everyday, not sure about the wife though :laughing:

cypry0:
You’re welcome. I know how you feel, I’ve just left my job. Due to having a degenerative neurological condition, which has caused me to lose control of my left hand.
Dont know what i will be doing next, I’ve been lorry driving for the last 37 years :astonished:

sorry to hear that mate :frowning:
i’ve been driving heavy goods 39 years…and was hoping to make it to 42 years and retirement.been told today my sick pay entitlement is 16 weeks full pay,then 16 weeks half pay…so got a little bit of time to get sorted.

carryfast-yeti:

cypry0:

sorry to hear that mate :frowning:
i’ve been driving heavy goods 39 years…and was hoping to make it to 42 years and retirement.been told today my sick pay entitlement is 16 weeks full pay,then 16 weeks half pay…so got a little bit of time to get sorted.

That has to be a relief,hope you can get it sorted.

update on my position…i have been doing physio for last few weeks,however doctor at the hospital said i’ve got 2 options…have an operation,which will mean 6 weeks in a sling,then 6 weeks of physio :frowning: or carry on doing the phsysio. gave me 2 months to decide. my plan is to carry on the physio,and get back to work in 3 weeks…and see how i am when i go back to the hospital for my appointment.

a further update…i decided not to have the Operation (for now anyway),and went back to work April 15th. So,been back 8 months and still Living The Dream :laughing:
will be doing physio for the rest of my life,to keep my strength up,but hey ho :slight_smile:

I had physio/ acupuncture with my shoulder & it made it worse , the acupuncture to be honest made no difference I could tell , the physio sticking he knee in back whilst bending arm all over the place made it worse ( and cost a bomb , I went private ) same as doctor bending it behind back
I just got on with it in end , it’s weak & I can feel it when lifting , but liveable