How do you guys maintain your health?

Long drives and health are not the best of friends. What routine do you guys follow to keep yourself healthy? Please share the little exercise routine you follow, diet you think is effective and whatever there is? Recently, I have read an article about the health risk truck drivers possess. I know about drivers suffering from health issues after a couple of long drives, many of them quitting their career because of it. The main reason I think for these health issues is their life style. Over years of my trucking life, I rarely had any major health issues. I had a minor back pain troubles after long drives occasionally, but they go away after a few hours of rest.My routine involves walking and/or jogging for a couple of miles daily along with some sit ups and some basic stretching. I have a good diet, with almost zero sugar, no oily or processed food. I don’t smoke or drink alcohol. I just hope all these routine help me have a good, long career.

Weight lifting, distance running, high protein, low carb + low sugar diet.

Looking at swapping the running for row machine as my cardio. I have legs like a stallion so could do with mixing it up.

That’s cool. I used to weight lift too, but stopped after a while.

I try to do some gymnasicts before morning drives at the parking lots I am parking. Sometimes, when I already finish driving in the afternoon I try to go for a run, in case there is a good street or something next to parking lots. I also try to eat a lot of fresh fruits and to cook healthy - vegetables and everything also it is really hard cause the possibilites on the roads are limited… but i swear its worth it!

Cycle at weekends avoid greesy breakfasts, if I’m eating ready meals it’s usual the weight watchers ones, not that I’m on a diet but it helps nip it in the bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avoid the sugary drinks. Cut out sugar in my tea/coffee. Stopped eating crisps and chocolate. Rugby 3 times a week. I’m fortunate enough to be home
Every night though but diet really helps. Even a ten minute walk up and down the road will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A healthy trucker cafe life style [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Not ! Cut out sweets chocolate crisps , keep busy of and evening and week ends as I boredom eat
I was 17st 11lb at chrimbo now I’m 16st 3lb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Healthy diet, sports (I prefer to go swimming) and the renunciation of alcohol and cigarettes. Although you should reward yourself from time to time - for example, with chips or a cold beer. I also think it’s important to always maintain a positive attitude. Many illnesses namely start in the head - stress, for example.

stress can lead to alsorts but it comes with the lifestyle you choose to live .but it doesnt start in your head

The best way to maintain your health is to have a full check up once a year, the full works.
All that running and crap lifting weights is a load of crap, you will get as much benefit stretching your arms and legs once a day and you wont be wearing your joints down.

I have an injury to my lower back, some wear and tear on a disc and pair of facet joints. Everyone has some wear in their back by 30s but for some it causes pain. Sitting for ages really causes it to flair up. So I go to the gym, cycle machine.

I do weights but don’t go near squats or anything that shags the lower back. Lots of planks etc for core.

I used to smoke and currently vaping the weak stuff. Need to knock that on the head. I gave up Alcohol last summer. Biggest problem with that is social pressure. People seem to have a real issue when you say “I don’t take alcohol”. You end up with this weird interview of “why” etc etc. It’s like you’re saying you don’t breath air :laughing: . Only noticed it when I gave it up. Still have coffee as you’ve got to have some vices in life. A little of what you fancy…

I want to take up kite surfing this summer but Im concerned about the lower back so I’m building up my core in prep. Should be ok. He says…