Prostate problems

lancpudn:

dozy:

dozy:

lancpudn:
I seem to be going back a step with this Tamsulosin medication! It doesn’t seem to be working like it did in the first week I was taking it, I’m back to going to the bathroom between 8-10 times a night again & struggling to pee & it’s getting painful again.
They said it’ll be 6-8 weeks before it calms down so I’ll just have to tough it out until then hoping it gets better.

Have you even looked at pistonheads ( health section ) , fair few going through prostrate issues , maybe someone with similar symptoms / medication , maybe helpful

Sorry lancpun , I didn’t mean Even looked , I meant have a look , these midnight starts are catching up on me , have to re-read everything the next day

Hi dozy, No problem. I’ve stopped using that Tamsulosin as the side effects are pretty bad for me, Palpitations, dizziness when standing up from sitting down & breathlessness, Just climbing the stairs leaves me breathless. I stopped taking it five days ago & the side effects have subsided but it’s back to square one with really struggling to pee again to empty my bladder :cry: I’m going to get in contact with Christies to see if there is another med available that doesn’t have these listed side effects but got to wait until the two month period after radiotherapy is over to call them.

Can’t you speak to your urology nurse lancpun , must admit my first one abbi was brilliant , if she couldn’t answer there & then she’d always ring me back , new one sharron is not as good , still waiting on letter stating results of last psa test ( though she told mrs slightly higher) but there happy with it ) & mri should be due
Abbi was the one who said medication was available , having your problems a bit now , but they believe mine is diabetis related as struggling to control blood / sugars like I was
Hopefully we both get sorted one day