Prostate problems

andy187:

lancpudn:
I’m into the second week of four on this radiotherapy treatment at Christies Salford, Although you feel nothing whilst the machine does it’s thing there are after effects which have now started to show!
A feeling of discomfort down there & I’m back to struggling to pee worse than ever, Trying to empty my bladder has never been as bad or painful.

I’m going to the toilet over eight times per night & still struggling to empty my bladder. They said this would happen & if I cant empty my bladder at all they gave me an emergency number to call them, I suppose it’s going to get worse before it starts to get better with them bombarding my prostate with on this machine. A TURP procedure was mentioned & looking it up online I hope I don’t have to go through with that :open_mouth: nhs.uk/conditions/transuret … tate-turp/

All clear on PSA count, but due to enlarged prostate causing issues i had the Turp procedure 2 days ago…
Yes it sounds like a scary procedure, but i had an epidural then sedated as i did not want to be awake :astonished:
After 2 nights in LGH starting to feel better, just taking it easy. 2 to 4 weeks on sick leave (full pay :smiley: )
Regards emptying bladder did the mention ISC? Again scary when told what to do, but you get used to it. Been doing for a year now until my procedure, hopefully not again.

I’m fearing they’ll recommend that TURP procedure when I go to the urology dept in September, I’m no better peeing after the month long radiotherapy at Christies I did four months ago than I was before. Still no word of the PSA blood test result I had the other week at Bolton hospital to see if it’s dropped.