Prostate problems

dozy:

lancpudn:
I’m into the second week of four on this radiotherapy treatment at Christies Salford, Although you feel nothing whilst the machine does it’s thing there are after effects which have now started to show!
A feeling of discomfort down there & I’m back to struggling to pee worse than ever, Trying to empty my bladder has never been as bad or painful.

I’m going to the toilet over eight times per night & still struggling to empty my bladder. They said this would happen & if I cant empty my bladder at all they gave me an emergency number to call them, I suppose it’s going to get worse before it starts to get better with them bombarding my prostate with on this machine. A TURP procedure was mentioned & looking it up online I hope I don’t have to go through with that :open_mouth: nhs.uk/conditions/transuret … tate-turp/

Keep going lancupn ( though it’s easy for me to say as I’d had enough after 2 nd biopsy ) , I spend night after night sleeping on bathroom floor , and never had pain like it peeing
It will all be worth it in the end , I’m sure

Cheers dozy, I didn’t think it would get this bad to be honest, Just grin & bare it I suppose. They change the appointment times quite a bit & I’ve had a few 08:30 appointments which comes as a shock to the system with commuter traffic, I thought I’d finished with that rush hour traffic malarkey years ago when I retired. They’ve changed some other appointments for next week to 4:00pm which will put me in the evening rush hour traffic :open_mouth: I don’t miss driving in rush hour one little bit but with the NHS/Ambulance strikes they said I need to be flexible to help out the PTS (patient transport services) who have to wait hours for their ride home. Fair enough.