Prostate problems

lancpudn:

dozy:
This is a example of how they contact me / arrange appointments lancpun , I’ve not had any issues , and urology nurse will ring to confirm appointment

Yeah I get the same letters too, sometimes even after the appointment date has passed :open_mouth: I did get hold of the oncology doc at Salford Christies yesterday afternoon & explained what had happened, She’s making other arrangements for me to have the injection, The reason my hormone injection was referred to my local clinic was to take excess work off their staff. It was just an injection I was to have which can be done by the district nurse.

It turned out there was another balls up with my appointments, She said I was booked into Salford Christies on the 19th December for the initial radio treatment where they put two tattoo dots on your abdomen to line the prostate up so the other 20 radio treatments can be lined up precisely. I told her that was news to me as I’ve had no conformation by NHS letter or by telephone about that appointment :open_mouth: She said we’ll leave it then until we get the results after I have the catheter fitted & camera into my bladder on the 12th December, I have an NHS letter appointment for that thank god.

Dear me not very good , must be areas , my letters are normally months in advance , though as I’m mri 6 monthly , biopsy if needed ( won’t happen ) is 2 years now I guess they’ve plenty of time to issue appointments
When I first started out on journey everything had a 2 week limit on it , so was a bit of a rush but was receiving phone calls from Boston etc telling me of appointments , never missed one or wasn’t informed of any
Hopefully it improves communication wise for you , as it needs to be moving forward ASAP , I’d keep pushing & hopefully they get there act together , way below lincs nhs standards at the Moment by the sound of it .