Prostate problems

lancpudn:
Didn’t do too well with the flow test & questionnaire this morning at the urology dept, I Scored 31 out of 35, (35 being the worst). The flow test toilet is like a plastic urinal that’s plugged into a recording machine, they said my urinary habits are severely compromised, I had to arrive there with a full bladder yet I could only manage 60 mls despite drinking two pints of water & two cuppas prior to going. They said a minimum of 150mls is wanted for a true test so they sent me back to the waiting room & told me to drink more liquids from the water machine & come back in 40 minutes & do another, Still only managed another 60 mls & the bladder scan showed a 50% full bladder.
I’ve got to go & see the consultant again before I go for the external beam radio treatment at Christies in November.

I was under the impression they had todo everything within 2 weeks , if they could see a issue , beginning of Oct - Xmas seems along time , I know from seeing my lump was bigger on last mri to getting me in for another biopsy was weeks , urology nurse told me this week that if they see a rise in my psa I’ll be straight in for mri , as for stream / flow I’ve had that on & off , not so much since last biopsy , but a lot before , feeling I wanted to go , but just trickled out , was a lot better after abbi my urology nurse said just drink water , said not easy but tea / coffee / cider will irritate prostrate , been a lot better since drink more water than anything else
Mine is difficult as some issues I have could as easily be diabetis than prostrate
All the best lancupn , they’ve been brilliant with me , I’m sure yore nurse / consultants will be with you