Medical after a stroke

Lucy:
I found my MP - or rather, my MP’s constituency staff - to be the way to an answer on that one, Simon. I got caught in a trap where DVLA missed a vital form out of a letter sending the vital form, and threatening full revocation if I didn’t send it back on time. At this point (as now, most likely) no-one answered their phone, and their email address bounced. Panic stations!

Long story short, emailed MP, his staff got onto DVLA via a special line, job jobbed. Still took 9 months and a pointless driving assessment overall, but if you’ve heard nothing after a month or so, try that route. :wink:

I’ve still not heard from the DVLA. I don’t know if they’ll take my doctors word for it, or if the letter asked, “is it worth us making an appointment for our Dr to do a medical on him?” My doctor replied in the same week he got the letter. I’ve also been dropped off ESA, so have started claiming JSA. But I’ve got a job to go to, as soon as I get my licence back.
The last line of the letter I received, dated 11th Aug said, “Don’t contact us unless you have new evidence”, or something very like that. Which is DVLA speak for, “if you do, your file will mysteriously move backwards in the line”. So I think contacting my MP will have to be my next step.