Prostate problems

bald bloke:
What are you having the whole prostrate removed ? They may not be willing to do it but rather just keep on monitoring it instead. Saying that a mate of my Dad had his removed and it’s the best thing he’s ever had done as he got no worries about it now, obviously a few side effects but nothing too drastic.

I’ve been on monitoring for last 16 months , originally it was psa test every 3 months & mri every 12 months ( consultants suggestion ) , which seemed ok but 3 month psa ended up at 4/5 & mri at 16 months , though once I’d had mri things have moved quickly , but the alarm bells were in letter , we have not found cancer anywhere else , obviously my thinking is they could of , if I end up waiting another 12/16 months they could find it elsewhere , whereas now it’s localised to prostrate , I’ve read all the drawbacks but the one positive is I’m more likely to be here or n 5/10 yrs time than I would if I continue to just watch , as they suggest
I go in for another biopsy this week which to be honest I hated so I’mm having general anaesthetic, that will hopefully answer more questions as we’ve had lump, nodules , lesions, or as my urology nurse said it’s not lesions it’s cancer , but she said it’s not spread but the lump / lesions is larger
I know they say there trying to give you as normal life as possible but it’s always on your mind , I feel taking it away would give me a bit of peace of mind , we shall see