Prostate problems

Just had results of yearly mri that ended up as 16 months , instead of lump / nodule, now described as lesions, according to consultant it’s got slightly bigger , but he’s not overly concerned as psa is roughly where we started out 8 ( last psa 9 .3 ) , so have to go in for another biopsy ,
But the alarm bells rang with the letter we received , it hasn’t been found any where other than prostrate ( never mentioned it could go anywhere else ) , so in the 16 months we’ve waited for another mri it could of gone anywhere , not happy about that , letter also states cancer , again not a word that’s been said to me , though it has been said to wife , also given a book on prostrate cancer , strange as they’ve underlined a paragraph where it stated my level of 6 doesn’t normally move / get bigger etc , sobering reading
But I can’t risk leaving it another in theory another 12 months for the next mri that tells me it’s spread outside prostrate , if the recommend wait /watch again I’m refusing it , and after a lot of hours talking with mrs I’ve made my mind up to have it taken away , not a easy decision when you read the implications of it , but i can’t risk leaving it a year & end up with god knows what result , I wish I’d now gone against there recommendations when I was first diagnosed , wait & watch , should of just had it took away now
Be my last post until I get hopefully sorted , I’d not post this normally , but learn from me , if your peeing a lot get checked , don’t do a me & just carry on
I’m positive , it’s still within prostrate so I’m hoping removing it will work , I guess save me , not a good time , but got a loving family & we’re all staying positive
All the best to everyone