Lost confidence - what do I do?

Thank you for the support everyone. I’m pleased to report I’m still driving! I’m a lot more cautious than my colleagues, and I still hate doing difficult manoeuveurs - I’d rather park in an easy space and walk the drop in rather than doing something at all difficult. Now that it’s getting dark in the evenings again I’m remembering how much I disliked late shifts too. On the whole I’m OK 90% of the time but it doesn’t take much to rattle me even now. That said, being cautious and careful isn’t necessarily a bad thing either.

I’m still with the same company but I’m hoping to move to a car parts firm soon who use the tiny vans. The LWB sprinters are not doing my back and pelvis any good at all, I’m 5’1 and the seat doesn’t sufficiently adjust for my height. My pre-pandemic work is also returning to normal, but I do hope to retain a bit of driving work as I do enjoy it in spite of everything.

I’m glad to see that mental health is being talked about on this forum. Being on your own for hours or days with nothing to do but drive and dwell on problems is a bit of a perfect storm for depression. It’s easy for mental health issues to impact on driving ability and confidence, so the more that drivers feel they can get support, the better and safer for everyone.