Your Retirement Age?

Bluey,whats difficult.If you want to work then do as much,or as Little as suits you.Do a bit until you start to ache or have enough extra for the month then relax.Thats what i done when i moved up here.The last 3 years i just work during the holiday times during the summer and hunting times in the Autumn.

Bluey Circles:
I got out mid 50s after a period of poor health, decided to live on a shoe string till my pension kicks in at 67, thing is a few years not working and I’m now as fit as a butchers dog, long hours is nae good for man nor beast - so do I jump back in for more money and risk my health, or do I just scrape on by feeling great but a bit short on the readies? wife says just stay at home but I do miss working

You live anywhere near farms or Agri Contractor yards■■?
They’ll take you on for PT casual work during busy harvest times.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bluey Circles:
I got out mid 50s after a period of poor health, decided to live on a shoe string till my pension kicks in at 67, thing is a few years not working and I’m now as fit as a butchers dog, long hours is nae good for man nor beast - so do I jump back in for more money and risk my health, or do I just scrape on by feeling great but a bit short on the readies? wife says just stay at home but I do miss working

If you WANT to go back to work, then do so.
But dont take a job requiring silly hours, with a boss looking over your shoulder all the time. Reading other posts it seems agency can be OK, if you go in with your eyes open and can set your own stall out regards hours etc. Youre not a newbie, so you should be able to do this.
There are also some good full time jobs out there still. They may be increasingly rare, but theyre not extinct yet. If it doesnt work out, then walk away, your health is the important thing after all, but no harm in giving it a go surely?

I personally would like to go on for as long as I’m physically able to do so and am still enjoying the work.
Being debt free and not worrying about a lavish lifestyle I’m in the fortunate position of being able to have some freedom over the work I take and hours I do.
However having just had 3 months of very little work, very seasonal this job, I realised while the money wasn’t a problem I do need to learn how to deal with my free time, so I have some plans for that now.

Got nothing in place so will be going till i drop,cant afford a private pension,other drivers i have spoken to are in the same situation.