Yesterdays' Minutes' Silence

dieseldog999:
rememberance sunday type minutes silence is well admirabe.finsbury park was off my radar and i was unaware of it.id think it was an insult to the brits losing their life in the wars to be even remotely compared to a similar theme.if i was aware of it however,id have been straight into the house for my trumpet and drum kit on principle .thankfully id assume it was a non event apart from the lefty media.the next thing will be waiting to see if stobrats name a truck after them. :unamused:

+1

I know it’s not truck related but on this subject,i myself am getting fed up hearing the survivors of Grenfell whinging and whining,demanding this demanding that,moaning about enough not being done,they survived and can rebuild their lives,yes it was horrific what happened and I hope never to see that again in my lifetime,they will be sorted out and it will take time,but in 5 years from now[maybe sooner]they will be living a normal life again,79+ wont be,they are the ones we should feel sorry for not the survivors

truckman020:
I know it’s not truck related but on this subject,i myself am getting fed up hearing the survivors of Grenfell whinging and whining,demanding this demanding that,moaning about enough not being done,they survived and can rebuild their lives,yes it was horrific what happened and I hope never to see that again in my lifetime,they will be sorted out and it will take time,but in 5 years from now[maybe sooner]they will be living a normal life again,79+ wont be,they are the ones we should feel sorry for not the survivors

Here, here. I think it’s trendy nowadays to kick up a huge fuss whatever happens. As you say, it was a horrific thing to happen, but they are alive. I also don’t see the point of standing around waving candles/lighters, whatever. Midnight vigils don’t bring back the dead, or lessen injuries.

peterm:

truckman020:

Here, here. I think it’s trendy nowadays to kick up a huge fuss whatever happens. As you say, it was a horrific thing to happen, but they are alive. I also don’t see the point of standing around waving candles/lighters, whatever. Midnight vigils don’t bring back the dead, or lessen injuries.

agree 100%

truckman020:

Its strange how some tragedies are more newsworthy than others, yes what happened at Grenfall was tragic and yes I feel very sorry for all those caught up in it and I hope measures are put in place so it never happens again, but why can’t we have that attitude to the carnage that takes place on our roads?. If the 20 days since Grenfell have been average then there will have been 97 Killed and 1130 seriously injured on our roads, and yet you seldom hear more than the delays they cause.

Was a woman killed this morning not that far from where i am, there will be no minutes silence for her, no public enquiry, no politicians banging on about how it should never happen again, probably just folk complaining how long the road was closed for. Surely her death was no less important.

People are literally dying every day from non-natural causes in this country.
The news media’s efforts to “bring up public awareness” by pratically brainwashing us with each and every deadly upset that happens - ends up brainwashing us all into “de-sensitization” alas.

Can any of us on here off the top of their head name a single one of the Grenfell victims? The Manchester Victims? The Borough Market victims? The Westminster Victims?

The Left try to score political points off each and every Death that is related (in their mind) to “Government Cuts”, whilst the Right have now wound down trying to make any political grounds from the continued Terror attacks, and other mindless violence now everyday in our country - because of pressure from the Left to desist.

That means in my mind all future deaths attributed to “third parties” are now solidly the fault of the LEFT then. Pandering to the concerns of the Right has been deemed “politically incorrect” and the demise of UKIP and re-rise of Labour suggests that the nation is, once again ready to gamble it’s own future on the “known unknowns” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQukof Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour thanks to the “Unknown Known” of Theresa May’s illusion of “born again Brexiteer that hasn’t even started a year after the referendum”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkvEp_B5Kq8

Tell that to your Labour MP, Libdem Remoaner, or Tory Europhile the next time someone gets killed in a manner that “could easily have been avoided”.

Nigel Farage only stepped down (which subsequently destroyed UKIP) because of NEC backbiting and NO personal bodyguard laid on, thanks to him not being allowed to win a single seat.
Even Trump is washing his hands of Farage now, used and discarded after the presidential campaign. Trump, quickly sold out once achieving office when, I guess he was threatened with “ending up like JFK” if he didn’t pander to the faceless government that is ever-present in American politics.

Our best chance as a small country to have a prosperous future - is to “go it alone”. It seems we have a struggle on our hands to even be allowed to do THAT though.
How filthy the third world war (which may well have already started!) is turning out to be. :frowning: