Xpo payroll

xpo owed 30 milion by house of fraser

Any XPO drivers only been getting 48 hours or 9.5 hours a day when on holiday?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Winseer:
How does “outsourcing” save any money, unless it is by some creative accounting process that pushes down actual driver wages?

You don’t have to pay for the offices, the IT equipment, the software, the fulltime wages of staff who may only do 2 days work.

paulfromwire:

I had a week off recently and got paid 10 hrs a day. The rate was £18.50 p/h though so I can live with it.

Norfolkinclue1:
That’s why I fully expect the usual drivel about selfish,disrespect and “if we all stick together” manure that happens when someone dares to speak up against unions on here, mostly from those who still haven’t grasped the modern world and prefer to bang on about how it used to be in the good old days :unamused:

I’m off to watch the mighty LUFC, can’t wait to read this topic later. Standard sheep response incoming for me :grimacing:

What a miserable and pathetic outburst.

I have always joined the Union or organized Labour where the option was available and always benefited from it in varying degrees.

Overall I’m reasonably content with a fairly positive outlook for the future which is the polar opposite to you that is all the proof if any was required that unions are good for you. :smiley:

the maoster:
Issues? You could say that! Afaik the payroll was outsourced to “save money”. What happened after that was that anybody who took a holiday in the next four weeks was paid at a flat rate, no average etc. It has since been rectified, however the money owed since May has not been paid back. Our union is now taking XPO to court for back payment plus interest for it’s members. Oh, non union members will have to sort it out themselves.

How can it be legal for a firm to pay one set of money to one group, but not the other doing exactly the same job?

Isn’t that “unlawful discrimination” or “admitting continued theft from wages”■■?

the maoster:

paulfromwire:

I had a week off recently and got paid 10 hrs a day. The rate was £18.50 p/h though so I can live with it.

I take it that was NOT at Xpo…? :unamused:

Winseer:

the maoster:
Issues? You could say that! Afaik the payroll was outsourced to “save money”. What happened after that was that anybody who took a holiday in the next four weeks was paid at a flat rate, no average etc. It has since been rectified, however the money owed since May has not been paid back. Our union is now taking XPO to court for back payment plus interest for it’s members. Oh, non union members will have to sort it out themselves.

How can it be legal for a firm to pay one set of money to one group, but not the other doing exactly the same job?

Isn’t that “unlawful discrimination” or “admitting continued theft from wages”■■?

Ut isn’t but the union won’t do the work for non members. They will win easily once the union set the president but they will have to do the maths themselves