Work Ethic

Long hours does not = work ethic
people that should work 8 hours struggle to do so
like 07;30 start put kettle on and make a brew then check their facebook page on phone
then trundle of to get a bottle of gas for forklift its now 09:00 make a start
load a truck and unload a truck break time for 20 - 30 minutes check facebook page
unload another truck lunch time 1 hour texting and facebook
repeat in the afternoon 16:00 start winding down for 17:00 finish

SHYTOT:
Long hours does not = work ethic
people that should work 8 hours struggle to do so
like 07;30 start put kettle on and make a brew then check their facebook page on phone
then trundle of to get a bottle of gas for forklift its now 09:00 make a start
load a truck and unload a truck break time for 20 - 30 minutes check facebook page
unload another truck lunch time 1 hour texting and facebook
repeat in the afternoon 16:00 start winding down for 17:00 finish

I must have a better work ethic then - as I have not made a single on-line post whilst at work, ever. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

fortunately there are some graffters in this country but we are outnumbered

Manual labour simply isn’t cool.
Ones life must be full of cool stuff nowadays…so you can bragg off to your mates on Facebook.

Materialistic numbskulls who live on credit.

The coolest stuff one can have - is one’s privacy, health, personal freedom, and a family that backs you up on everything.

Everything else - comes and goes.

I’ve never owned an Iphone, but those I know that DO own one (nearly everyone outside my family!) - are on about their third or fourth… They drop 'em, smash the front panel, carry on using it for a little longer, then get a new one. The local dump has a skip full of discarded Iphones. This surprised me when I first saw it, as I always thought you could flog a busted phone for a few quid “salvage”■■?

lappland life 215.jpgI,like Winseer am one of the few people i know without an I phone.My answer is simple,‘‘why do i need an I phone when i live here’’,this is a reason for not being glued to a sreen 24\7.In a generation or two people will lose the ability to talk and only communicate by hand signals.

hutpik:
0I,like Winseer am one of the few people i know without an I phone.My answer is simple,‘‘why do i need an I phone when i live here’’,this is a reason for not being glued to a sreen 24\7.In a generation or two people will lose the ability to talk and only communicate by hand signals.

I like being “in communicado” on a regular basis.

If I am at work, I’m not on-line. If I’m on-line, I’m likely sitting in my armchair at home, rather than walking under a bus on some street somewhere.

Why do people do that? - Walk around diddling their phones?

If I want to find out what is going on out there - I can take the trouble to look if I care to…
If someone wants to find out what I’M doing - they can bloody well want. :smiling_imp: :sunglasses: :grimacing: