Why not spec a top of the range truck?

I must be really spoilt then, eight nights out in the last five months with a Topline. But then again I just drive what is allocated to me. Makes up for all those nights out across the seats and engine cover in day cabs I suppose.

Twoninety88:
I must be really spoilt then, eight nights out in the last five months with a Topline. But then again I just drive what is allocated to me. Makes up for all those nights out across the seats and engine cover in day cabs I suppose.

I think the most uncomfortable night out i had ever was across the seats in an old Bedford KM… :frowning:

There seems to be a trend our way at the moment for buying lower roof trucks and fitting a roof rack and ladders, I think I’ll stick with the topline

AndrewG:

Geoffo:
I specced a XL Globby on my last truck (FH 13 540). With the air kit set to the correct position it stands 3.99m high.

Did you also spec the low set fifth wheel Geoffo? With trailer coupled i can get it down to 3.85 (long wheel base 4x2) . Very close coupled the gap is down to 28cm…

No standard Fifth wheel (1.09m). Gap between back of cab and trailer is 38cm. I have a 3.8m lengh chassis.

eurotrans:
There seems to be a trend our way at the moment for buying lower roof trucks and fitting a roof rack and ladders, I think I’ll stick with the topline

See this a lot over here (Belgium) as well. They call it ‘Old school’.

goshow:

AndrewG:
Ive done european work for years starting out in an F7, flat top F10 (10 turbo six moniker) F12 standard cab and F16 GlobeTrotter. Tbh, sometimes the extra height is nice with the extra storage space which goes with it but overall a standard cab is no bigger. Ive just specced my new FH16 with the standard height cab not the xl and even that will more or less clear a 4m trailer, any higher and youre into fuel penalties…

Not that I’ve been in a globetrotter XL but I can’t understand why anyone needs the extra height, unless they’re double manning. I’m 6’ 3" and I can stand up in my FH4 without my head touching the roof lining, even in my clogs!!

Some of the options i wanted only come with the globe XL cab. ( In the Benelux anyway).

Geoffo:

eurotrans:

See this a lot over here (Belgium) as well. They call it ‘Old school’.

Good air brake to increase fuel consumption. Also good to store spare ropes and sheets.

Old school? Form before function.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

chester1:

mazzer:

shugg:

alterego:
I saw a 66 man xlx yesterday nice truck few spotlights nothing over the top nice new fridge behind it. It was a left ■■■■■■ so obviously meant for Euro work. Why the hell wasnt it a bigger cab? If he was an owner driver fair enough but why would a boss expect you to do Euro in anything but a top spec cab■■?

And the problem is , only recently noticed a Turkish driver at Charnock Services with a new MAN , a bog standard narrow cab model , and the driver was no spring chicken , also have noticed a few Turkish Merc Axors up in Scotland ( with the tall cab !!! ) , also remember seeing Willi Betz in Scotland with standard Merc Actross with standard long distance cabs and they were double manned , finally a yard I operate from is visited by Turkish Renault Premiums which must be about 6/7 yers old , and almost weekly Dutch Volvos the FM model that is call and drop off containers , no wonder foreign drivers are stealing your jobs !!!.

So because a Turk is prepared to live in inadequate surroundings for weeks at a time then we all should? I have seen Turks double manning a flat cab M.A.N tipping in Coventry no one should have to work in those conditions and to all the pro EU crowd who constantly say that the EU looks after workers think again, there are plenty of areas concerning drivers conditions where the EU could intervene but that would mean upsetting big business and we all know the EU won’t do that.

Wouldn’t affect the Turks thay are not in the Eu

You know what I mean I just used the Turks as an example and if the EU outlawed double manning in an unsuitable cabs then in the same way that non EU countries have to comply with tacho laws then they would have to comply with this or would you rather that we are all treated like crap with no prospect on conditions improving just because someone from a less well off country will work to lower standards.

R143-500:

AndrewG:
Youre right. I do 4K km a week but its only 4 nights out a week. Start early monday morning and im finished late thursday eve/ friday morning, home every weekend.
My current FH has a few blinged bits and pieces, a light bar, durabrite Alcoas, side delectors and marker lights but nothing excessive…

How the hell do you cover 4000 km’s in four and a bit days :open_mouth:, how many Ks a day do you do on average ?

Because he drives a Volvo… :wink: