Why can't we have a vote - out with deal or no deal?

Grandpa:
Just heard that PM May is to resign on the 7th of June! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now perhaps we can have a Brexit PM.

A Brexit PM fighting against an anti Brexit leader of the EU should be interesting

Grumpy Dad:

Grandpa:
Just heard that PM May is to resign on the 7th of June! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now perhaps we can have a Brexit PM.

A Brexit PM fighting against an anti Brexit leader of the EU should be interesting

IMG_0744.JPG

We should have just left when we were told .
It’s obvious that MP’s don’t give a toss about what the country decided.
The EU messed about because they’re bricking the backlash that others will follow suit.

Not sure there’s anyone in the Tory party big and able enough to gain the lost trust of the people back.
We need a solid leader, one of principle, not one who tells people what they want to hear but has no intention of carrying out what they promised.

The whole party will need cleansing anyway, those who betrayed their constituents over the Brexit debacle must be deselected for the next general election and instead of the social democrat wets, ie Cameron’s parachutees being forced on them, the local party must be free to select their own candidates, Conservatives minded to conserve the life, history, culture, independence and freedom of the 4 countries of the UK.

One wonders what damage May can cause before she finally gets out, good riddance.

Juddian:
Conservatives minded to conserve the life, history, culture, independence and freedom of the 4 countries of the UK.

The idea of the UK and with it the Conservative Unionist Party and 4 sovereign countries of the British Isles is an oxymoron.Bearing in mind that it’s actually 3 and Ireland had to fight its way out of the Plantagenet imposed fiefdom.

I sometimes think that the whole issue of the Country being swallowed up by the EU Federation and sold into Vassalage by the Cons is karma regarding all those who’ve lost their lives in the cause of secession from UK vassalage.A Frog French speaking dynasty masquerading as English and getting away with it who’d have thought it.

youtube.com/watch?v=eclbaC3q94k

ireland-calling.com/wp-content/ … re_600.png

historyhit.com/why-did-the-b … h-society/

It would arguably be fair to say that by definition the Conservative Unionist agenda is closer to the aims of the Norman invasion than the interests of the individual freedom of the Nations of the British Iles ironically England the most.No surprise that agenda was always eventually going to result in the country being sold into full on European vassalage.

I see jezza Corbin is calling for a general election, there’s more chance of pm farage than chairman Corbin :smiley: :smiley:

Juddian:
Not sure there’s anyone in the Tory party big and able enough to gain the lost trust of the people back.
We need a solid leader, one of principle, not one who tells people what they want to hear but has no intention of carrying out what they promised.

The whole party will need cleansing anyway, those who betrayed their constituents over the Brexit debacle must be deselected for the next general election and instead of the social democrat wets, ie Cameron’s parachutees being forced on them, the local party must be free to select their own candidates, Conservatives minded to conserve the life, history, culture, independence and freedom of the 4 countries of the UK.

One wonders what damage May can cause before she finally gets out, good riddance.

You don’t quite get the idea of ‘countries’ do you.

dexxy57:

Juddian:
Conservatives minded to conserve the life, history, culture, independence and freedom of the 4 countries of the UK.

You don’t quite get the idea of ‘countries’ do you.

He does in an obviously pro Federal UK anti Federal EU way.Obviously still better than a Federal UK swallowed up by a Federal EU though.

Grandpa:

It’s maybe going a bit far suggesting they targeted the gullible. A lot of people had their minds made up long before the campaign ended. The EU was a convenient scapegoat at the time for so much that was going wrong in the country.

It’s not really disputed though that the campaign was based more on emotion than facts. It’s not really disputed either that we currently have the most inept and incompetent government in history.

Anyway, we are where we are. It’s certainly made more people take an interest in politics, which can’t be bad.

I’d disagree that it’s going too far. From Blair onwards, every PM promised a referendum and you have to wonder why it took so long to have one, or why PM May is trying to spin Brexit out for as long as possible. The reason is that each passing year produced more young remain voters and removed the majority leave voters who died out. There is truth in the suggestion that had Cameron been able to wait another five years he may well have got his remain majority. I’d also disagree that the EU is a scapegoat, it’s the reason why things have gone wrong.

You’re right though that remain minority vote was based on emotion. We can’t exist outside the EU, there will be massive job losses and no one will trade with us are based on belief, not fact. So there’s a degree of gullibility involved.

I also wonder whether PM May is as stupid as she performs. Leaders of any country aren’t known for their stupidity. Remainer PM May is doing her level best to delay Brexit with deals and extensions and recently had to backtrack quickly on her proposal that parliament vote for another referendum on one of her deals and the commons leader Leadsom resigned in protest followed by a huge outcry. Parliament know exactly what she’s doing it’s an old EU trick. Previously, the French, Dutch and Irish were also allowed a referendum on the European Constitution and voted no. A few paragraphs were changed, it was presented as the Lisbon Treaty so the original vote didn’t count and they were made to keep voting until the answer was yes. That’s exactly what May is trying to do with her ‘deals.’

And yes, it has certainly made more people interested in politics, but also in the deceit and lies that the current government is involved in. The problem is that many really do have low information and base those around their own subjective beliefs. I’m frankly amazed at a minority lack of basic general knowledge here.

Four quick points Grandpa

There was a lot of discontent in the country in 2016 and the EU was not the sole cause of that. It was a convenient scapegoat though.

I think it was the Leave vote that was based on emotion. The Remain side tended to deal more with dull and boring facts, consequently they weren’t listened to. They could have made their case better, but were up against it with Boris and Nigel taking advantage of their complacency.

Of course May isn’t stupid. She is stubborn beyond belief though, and was way out of her depth when she took on the PM job. She’s cold, unemotional and completely out of touch with ordinary people, but that doesn’t make her stupid.

Deceit and lies are bread and butter to politicians, honed to a fine art the higher up the ladder they climb. The current government is no worse than any other in that respect.

dexxy57:

Grandpa:

It’s maybe going a bit far suggesting they targeted the gullible. A lot of people had their minds made up long before the campaign ended. The EU was a convenient scapegoat at the time for so much that was going wrong in the country.

It’s not really disputed though that the campaign was based more on emotion than facts. It’s not really disputed either that we currently have the most inept and incompetent government in history.

Anyway, we are where we are. It’s certainly made more people take an interest in politics, which can’t be bad.

I’d disagree that it’s going too far. From Blair onwards, every PM promised a referendum and you have to wonder why it took so long to have one, or why PM May is trying to spin Brexit out for as long as possible. The reason is that each passing year produced more young remain voters and removed the majority leave voters who died out. There is truth in the suggestion that had Cameron been able to wait another five years he may well have got his remain majority. I’d also disagree that the EU is a scapegoat, it’s the reason why things have gone wrong.

You’re right though that remain minority vote was based on emotion. We can’t exist outside the EU, there will be massive job losses and no one will trade with us are based on belief, not fact. So there’s a degree of gullibility involved.

I also wonder whether PM May is as stupid as she performs. Leaders of any country aren’t known for their stupidity. Remainer PM May is doing her level best to delay Brexit with deals and extensions and recently had to backtrack quickly on her proposal that parliament vote for another referendum on one of her deals and the commons leader Leadsom resigned in protest followed by a huge outcry. Parliament know exactly what she’s doing it’s an old EU trick. Previously, the French, Dutch and Irish were also allowed a referendum on the European Constitution and voted no. A few paragraphs were changed, it was presented as the Lisbon Treaty so the original vote didn’t count and they were made to keep voting until the answer was yes. That’s exactly what May is trying to do with her ‘deals.’

And yes, it has certainly made more people interested in politics, but also in the deceit and lies that the current government is involved in. The problem is that many really do have low information and base those around their own subjective beliefs. I’m frankly amazed at a minority lack of basic general knowledge here.

There was a lot of discontent in the country in 2016 and the EU was not the sole cause of that. It was a convenient scapegoat though.

I think it was the Leave vote that was based on emotion. The Remain side tended to deal more with dull and boring facts, consequently they weren’t listened to. They could have made their case better, but were up against it with Boris and Nigel taking advantage of their complacency.

Of course May isn’t stupid. She is stubborn beyond belief though, and was way out of her depth when she took on the PM job. She’s cold, unemotional and completely out of touch with ordinary people, but that doesn’t make her stupid.

Deceit and lies are bread and butter to politicians, honed to a fine art the higher up the ladder they climb. The current government is no worse than any other in that respect.

Deceit and lies?
Have you checked up on the history of Boris Johnson? Many of us have him down as a clever bloke who plays the fool. The truth may be a little different.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
]Deceit and lies?
Have you checked up on the history of Boris Johnson? Many of us have him down as a clever bloke who plays the fool. The truth may be a little different.

I think most people have seen through the ‘clown’ act. At least I hope so.

dexxy57:

Franglais:
]Deceit and lies?

I think most people have seen through the ‘clown’ act. At least I hope so.

One would hope so, but some who only read from a limited number of sources may not.
His work history, as a journalist is full of lies and deceit. His personal life may not be totally irrelevant either, if he is capable of serial deception in his family life how could anyone else trust him.
In his present but for Tory leader he seems to be telling everyone whatever is needed to get their support.
Ten minutes on a basic look at him is depressing. Ambitious and without any firm beliefs.
Isn’t his case in court today?

I’m a realist and that means I try to look at things objectively. This means I’ll often get flak from polarized opposites. That’s no problem as I know how it works. In both politics and reality there are facts and these aren’t debatable. However, often people who are sold an agenda will try to change these facts based on their own opinion. I don’t go into this too deeply because this isn’t a political forum so I just gloss over it.

In a historical timeline it wasn’t long ago that people were burned at the stake for being witches and a widely held belief was that the earth went dark at night because God pulled a blanket over the earth and the stars were actually lights from heaven above which shone through small holes in the blanket. These beliefs became facts and there were harsh punishments for those who disbelieved. The EU operates on the same principle, it’s a belief system. It has to be because the beliefs don’t match the reality.

The EU by its own admission isn’t democratic although it tries to market itself as such. It’s often referred to as the EUSSR not as a slur, but because it’s modelled on the same top-down structure. Its purpose is to dissolve nation states and their populations into a single entity, that of ‘Europeans’ in the same way the Soviets tried to create the ideal ‘Soviet man.’ It’s massively corrupt, but isn’t able to address the problem because its elite system is both the cause and result of that corruption … These aren’t opinions, they’re facts.

Conversely, the remainers believe that Brexit would harm both exports and produce massive food shortages. In 2017 the EU accounted for under half of exports at 44% and exports of food and drink to the US alone totaled £2.3 billion. Britain is a major exporter of food products. Likewise, the belief that the recent MEP elections which gave the Brexit Party 29 seats are said to have proved that the majority wanted to remain. It’s a back to front logic based on beliefs.

There was and still is a lot of discontent. Since Blair, every PM has been a remainer and so their actions have been in tune with the EU. The EU is not a scapegoat, it’s the cause of discontent.

The emotion is that based on belief. The reaminers haven’t got facts, they’re beliefs. What Farage does and what he’s good at is disparaging those beliefs. Here’s a short video of three minutes. Look at the faces of the EU hierarchy as Farage rips the EU agenda to pieces - they already know.

I didn’t say May was stupid. What I said was:
‘I also wonder whether PM May is as stupid as she performs. Leaders of any country aren’t known for their stupidity.’

Yes, it’s true that part of a politician’s job is to convince using whatever means possible. Yet the difference between previous governments is that for the past couple of decades all British PMs have conspired to give away national sovereignty to Europe. That’s not a result of stupidity or error, that’s an agenda.

Those poor EU MPs.
They can’t believe their eyes can they? Farage has actually showed up to do some work! Maybe this is one of the occasions he stayed long enough to vote?
Where do your figures come from?
The Office Of The US Trade Representative says that in 2018 the UK sent 0.824billion $ agricultural products to the US. Same year the US sent the UK 2.0billion $.
More half truths from you again about the EU and their democratic processes. Where do they say they are “undemocratic”?
P.S. hope you’ve registered to vote in our upcoming elections for a new Prime Minister?

Why would Farge vote for EU decisions?
My stats come from the Internet, the same as yours do. They’re different from yours because I was talking about food, not agricultural products.
Undemocratic? Look it up as democratic deficit, or democratic deficiency. When you find out pretend you didn’t and move onto something else.
Vote whichever way you like. Brexit will happen and eventually the EU will collapse just like all the other ‘projects’ before it. I’ve had my say, I don’t do belief based debates. :slight_smile:

Next PM is going to be a Trucknet member, seems there’s a few that know more about world politics and economics than the experts do

Grandpa:
My stats come from the Internet, the same as yours do. They’re different from yours because I was talking about food, not agricultural products.
Undemocratic? Look it up as democratic deficit, or democratic deficiency. When you find out pretend you didn’t and move onto something else.
Vote whichever way you like. Brexit will happen and eventually the EU will collapse just like all the other ‘projects’ before it. I’ve had my say, I don’t do belief based debates. :slight_smile:

Grandpa:

The internet?
That’s a big place. Full of both truth and lies.
Which site supplied your food figures? And how come those food figures are greater than the agricultural production figures quoted by my cited US source? Seems peculiar doesn’t it?

“Democratic deficit” is not synonymous with undemocratic really, is it?
All countries have a (greater or lesser) democratic deficit. Nowhere is 100% democratic, and any student of politics could tell you those conditions would be wholly impractical.
You “don’t do belief based debates”?
So you’ve no interest in politics?
OK.
Thanks for stopping off to enlighten us all. [emoji5]
Much appreciated.
Edit to add: “why would Farage vote on EU decisions”?
Because he is always telling us how badly they affect us. Isn’t it his job to speak out and vote against what he believes is harmful to us?
What other reason is there for voting and speaking?
IT’S HIS JOB, and he is well paid for it.

The ability to distinguish between truth and lies, facts or fiction, is something that is learned through experience and not by belief. The 2016 referendum wasn’t entertainment and neither the recent election that destroyed the mainstream remain parties. That was reality. Politics was never about beliefs, except where it affected those gullible enough to believe and they paid for it throughout the 20th century. From Father Christmas to The Flat Earth Society and onto the EU; there are and always will be those that spin the tales and those who believe them. We eagerly await the new European utopia, but don’t hold your breath. :laughing:

I don’t think you’ve said anything that would make anyone want to vote remain. In fact, why not try convincing us? I’m open minded. Convince me, but please, none of the ‘we’ll all starve to death’ stuff. Seriously, give us the remain position because no one else will. Give us your side of it.

No idea? Well, tell us why Britain couldn’t survive outside the EU, but the rest of the world can? Tell us what we get for being a net contributor to the EU? As the German and French economies begin to stagnate, tell us who is going to fund the other 25 EU countries when Britain leaves? Tell us why we’d want to be Europeans and not British because, ‘I’m a British European’ doesn’t sound right, does it. Don’t waffle and distract with beliefs, let’s hear some reality.

Grandpa:

Apparently you do.

Grandpa:
Tell us why we’d want to be Europeans and not British because, ‘I’m a British European’ doesn’t sound right, does it. Don’t waffle and distract with beliefs, let’s hear some reality.

Here’s the reality Grandpa.Think of it like it’s 2069 sung by a defeated Brit rebel soldier and transpose it with EU nation.

( Check out Ian Brown’s comments and the replies )

youtube.com/watch?v=m36uOUSJFjE

i.etsystatic.com/11075118/r/il/ … 7_24e8.jpg

While Britain EU is as normal and sounds as right to a European Federalist as Illinois and Texas USA is/does to an American one. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI