Why am I so great?

boltonboy:
all the light switches are on the door card so when it chucks it down will prove how waterproof they are!!

They are very very waterproof, speaking from experience :blush:

switchlogic:
I’ve a fairly low opinion of myself yet for some reason I keep shouting about myself all over the internet. Check out my website, facebook, twitter and instagram for more details BS.

Fixed that for ya.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jingle Jon:

switchlogic:
I’ve a fairly low opinion of myself yet for some reason I keep shouting about myself all over the internet. Check out my website, facebook and twitter for more details BS.

Fixed that for ya.

How original, Bravo. :unamused:

switchlogic:

Jingle Jon:

switchlogic:
I’ve a fairly low opinion of myself yet for some reason I keep shouting about myself all over the internet. Check out my website, facebook and twitter for more details BS.

Fixed that for ya.

How original, Bravo. :unamused:

Just teasing.

Dammit, you backed down too easily!

switchlogic:
Dammit, you backed down too easily!

I have to take into consideration your low self esteem.

I could have said “go top yourself”… But if you live in Wales… things are already grim enough for ya.

Is it still illegal in Wales, for people to be no brighter than the weather?

When I last checked Bristol was east of the Severn Bridge…what were you saying about intelligence :wink:

switchlogic:
When I last checked Bristol was east of the Severn Bridge…what were you saying about intelligence :wink:

Did you know, there are several ways of spelling the word ‘if’ in early Greek and only one in English?

Who wrote that crap in your footer? :laughing:

Edited to add: Anyways… Bristol is so much better… even that good… the Welsh charge you to get in to their country. :smiley:

I drive a Volvo therefore I’m the best.

Jingle Jon:

switchlogic:

Did you know, there are several ways of spelling the word ‘if’ in early Greek and only one in English?

Who wrote that crap in your footer? :laughing:

My P.A, Sir Bertie.

Would the last person to leave the room switch the light off…

I have no aspirations,and am not interested in the make and model of truck I drive.

commonrail:
I have no aspirations,and am not interested in the make and model of truck I drive.

I understand the no interest in make or model of the truck as I am the same. Could you expand on the no aspirations, possible reasons?

Make of lorry has never bothered me, every lorry has good and bad points its getting the best out of the vehicle you have at any one time that gives lorry driving pleasure, doesn’t matter how old or low spec (shock horror faint) my lorry is i’ll look after it and keep it well, that’s part of the job, those who use abuse and damage tackle are not lorry drivers and never will be long as they have a hole in their arse.

Selecting D pressing the loud pedal and letting the vehicle drive itself has no interest for me, and the day i can no longer have any influence on the vehicle or how i do my job is the day i walk away, similarly a chauffering job to an RDC where i then sit on my arse for hours would be my idea of hell.

Don’t want to be king of the road in the biggest lorry with the highest numbers writ large on it to impress small boys, just happy to go to work and do my own thing.

Jingle Jon:
I have to take into consideration your low self esteem.

I could have said “go top yourself”… But if you live in Wales… things are already grim enough for ya.

Is it still illegal in Wales, for people to be no brighter than the weather?

■■■■ poor attempt to goad me, bit like the ■■■■ poor attempt the OP continually makes in starting a topic, at least you’re both in good company I suppose…

Now moving on to the ONLY interesting part of this topic so far…

switchlogic:
In a similar vein El Chapo is good too. Not as good but good all the same. Also if you like weird American Gods on Amazon Prime is ridiculously brilliant.

I had high hopes for El Chapo but couldn’t watch it past the first episode, I found with Narco’s there was enough American and Spanish mixed to make it authentic and engrossing without feeling like I was watching a foreign show, with El Chapo it was all Spanish in the first episode at least so it was too much reading subtitles and not enough watching the actual program and therefore I couldn’t get as engrossed in it, I may give it another crack at some point though, I will have to check out American Gods though I’m not sure what it’s about as I’ve not looked into it yet.

Oh and regarding Season 3 of Narco’s obviously the story has had to take on a different slant now (I’ll not say why of course) so it’s a lot different but still really good, I was concerned how they’d follow on with Season 3 but I think it’s worked well and I’m still enjoying it.

Also if Narco’s taught me nothing else it taught me how to swear fluently in Spanish so it definitely has that going for it :laughing:

UKtramp:

commonrail:

I understand the no interest in make or model of the truck as I am the same. Could you expand on the no aspirations, possible reasons?

I’m happy with what i’ve got.

Juddian:
Make of lorry has never bothered me, every lorry has good and bad points its getting the best out of the vehicle you have at any one time that gives lorry driving pleasure, doesn’t matter how old or low spec (shock horror faint) my lorry is i’ll look after it and keep it well, that’s part of the job, those who use abuse and damage tackle are not lorry drivers and never will be long as they have a hole in their arse.

Selecting D pressing the loud pedal and letting the vehicle drive itself has no interest for me, and the day i can no longer have any influence on the vehicle or how i do my job is the day i walk away, similarly a chauffering job to an RDC where i then sit on my arse for hours would be my idea of hell.

Don’t want to be king of the road in the biggest lorry with the highest numbers writ large on it to impress small boys, just happy to go to work and do my own thing.

A REAL lorry driver. No ifs no buts.

commonrail:

UKtramp:

commonrail:

I’m happy with what i’ve got.

Well that is what I was hoping to hear, thanks.

Twoninety88:
Never got into ‘Game of Thrones’ Reef , but then I’m not a telly watcher apart from the odd documetary or historical film. I prefer reading over watching, now a good book is something to get lost in !

I couldn’t get into it either , watched series 1 and half of series 2. I don’t have either TV or broadband at home, so the occasional film or box set does me. And I prefer reading, though rarely fiction.

Recommendation for a box set is a bit old now, Prisoners of War, which is set in Israel and the show that Homeland was based on. You can see the connection, but it’s totally different.

UKtramp:
Well actually I don’t really think that I am so great but this should provoke a decent debate off. As a lorry driver, can your job satisfy your aspirations. Does a new truck or a certain make of truck make you feel better. Is the make of truck an actual influence on taking a lower paid job? Interested to hear from any sensible answers to any of these questions. Should you have a higher opinion of yourself in order to achieve a better job or higher pay.

If anyone enjoys driving,over long distances,through great scenery.Then what ‘other’ job could possibly satisfy that ‘aspiration’ ?.

As for pay and type of truck see above.It’s arguably better to compromise on the hourly rate to get the right type of work depending on choice.

While in general premium kit can usually be taken for granted on long haul/ international type work anyway.Although I’d prefer to drive a decent old school premium 1980’s truck now than a new automated techno heap regardless.