Which Northern Irish/Irish firms have the most tangs?

Heard today Interfrigo are in the mix some way or other too.

A few DFDS employees and some hauliers been informed services no longer required after next Wed also!!! :neutral_face: :frowning:

Big Truck:
Heard today Interfrigo are in the mix some way or other too.

A few DFDS employees and some haulers been informed services no longer required after next Wed also!!! :neutral_face: :frowning:

happy halloween for them then… :smiling_imp:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhbIBjYlrZg

And another one… :grimacing:

Lovely blue interior :stuck_out_tongue:

AndrewG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhbIBjYlrZg

Ned Kelly Ireland is class :smiley:

heres the paddy version of a day in the life .
youtube.com/watch?v=GiM1heMUrzU

bald bloke:

AndrewG:

Yeah class :smiley: Ill catch Tarrants R560’s on the hills/gradients but 100kph on the flat and they’ll come cruising past…got to be 110+ :grimacing:

I reckon Brexit is going to be good for a lot of small outfits and ODs. Can see a lot of freight coming in as unaccompanied trailers again like it used to be and rates going up cos nobody will take the risk for the money currently on the table. Not so good for companies like DFDS who want to pay nowt.

Not going to happen though. If the price for traction in the UK goes up, the volume of ferry trailers goes down, as more of the cargo will get sent over with much cheaper eastern traction, from which you have no escape from, brexit or no brexit.

bald bloke:

AndrewG:

He is good. Apart from when he does that odd thing with the dolly. Why does he talk to it in that weird posh voice not his own? When it talks back it’s irritating to listen to and even more irritating to look at. Creepy. Just don’t get it.

Rest is good enough. Seems to lose his ■■■■ a lot though :laughing:

milodon:
Not going to happen though. If the price for traction in the UK goes up, the volume of ferry trailers goes down, as more of the cargo will get sent over with much cheaper eastern traction, from which you have no escape from, brexit or no brexit.

Uk govt imposed ‘tax’ on incoming traction and subsidised CT/ Ferry rates for outbound UK trucks could possibly even things out a little though post Brexit.
Uk hauliers pushing the govt on this kind of thing will see both home and euro work increase…

Conor:
I reckon Brexit is going to be good for a lot of small outfits and ODs. Can see a lot of freight coming in as unaccompanied trailers again like it used to be and rates going up cos nobody will take the risk for the money currently on the table. Not so good for companies like DFDS who want to pay nowt.

It’s nice to dream, shame the reality is going to be so different.

WTF is a ‘Tang’, lol?

Imposing taxes will invite reciprocal taxes on UK trucks going to Eu. So UK traffic gets dearer and work is lost. And who has more clout with the Gov, hauliers or business wanting costs (transport) kept low?

Edit. I meant to quote AndrewG’s post.

Shandy123:
WTF is a ‘Tang’, lol?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110459&start=0

Shandy123:
WTF is a ‘Tang’, lol?

You’ve gone and done it. Coming your way links to many videos. I’ll save you the bother watching.

Its just people wearing checked shirts in Barry’d up Scanias to the sound of hillbilly music. That’s about it really.

As it is.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqayP0aN2A

Franglais:
Imposing taxes will invite reciprocal taxes on UK trucks going to Eu. So UK traffic gets dearer and work is lost. And who has more clout with the Gov, hauliers or business wanting costs (transport) kept low?

As it is though Franglais UK trucks going into Europe is minimal, even if it harmed this side of it a further tax imposed on incoming traction would boost UK hauliers business with a lot more ferry trailers coming in. I know its swings and roundabouts ect but as it is the UK is over run by foreign competition and possibly this could even this out a little. Yes. i totally agree, the govt has the say but only by hauliers banding together (did i just say that??) will things ever change. A cabotage ban :bulb: A real game changer!

Franglais:

As it is though Franglais UK trucks going into Europe is minimal, even if it harmed this side of it a further tax imposed on incoming traction would boost UK hauliers business with a lot more ferry trailers coming in. I know its swings and roundabouts ect but as it is the UK is over run by foreign competition and possibly this could even this out a little. Yes. i totally agree, the govt has the say but only by hauliers banding together (did i just say that??) will things ever change. A cabotage ban :bulb: A real game changer! :wink:

AndrewG:

Franglais:

As it is though Franglais UK trucks going into Europe is minimal, even if it harmed this side of it a further tax imposed on incoming traction would boost UK hauliers business with a lot more ferry trailers coming in. I know its swings and roundabouts ect but as it is the UK is over run by foreign competition and possibly this could even this out a little. Yes. i totally agree, the govt has the say but only by hauliers banding together (did i just say that??) will things ever change. A cabotage ban :bulb: A real game changer! :wink:

Why would we want to deal with a trade inbalance situation by hitting anyone with more taxation ?. :confused: When the idea should be the imposition of quota permits. With nothing to gain in that regard by limiting UK haulage to our own shores. When the idea ( should be ) for us to take at least 50% of the total return freight movement with no third country operations allowed in that.IE if it’s UK Spain then every other return round trip freight journey has to be carried out by a Brit registered truck and a Spanish registered truck on an alternating basis.Together with the total removal of all cabotage allowances. :bulb:

AndrewG:
. A cabotage ban :bulb: A real game changer! :wink:

Well that would probably turn out really good, if it was North Korea you’re talking about. In real life brexit holds little weight when it comes to individual interest groups wanting something or other. Norway recently relaxed the requirements for cabotage and you might take a second to figure out why they even allow it in the first place. Hint: it’s not for the lack of a national transport industry.