When did drivers become whiney little bitches?

Hmmm, is this a thread about drivers whining, or bending over taking it? :open_mouth:

Never mind the rest of the ■■■■■■■■, just what is it with some drivers not wanting to start too early or have a night out, theres so many complain about it. Top that with not wanting to drive too far in case they get home sick and most of these whiners would be better on mumsnet… :confused:

Lorry driver , is a miserable beast who is only happy when miserable and moaning about one thing or another :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AndrewG:
Never mind the rest of the ■■■■■■■■, just what is it with some drivers not wanting to start too early or have a night out, theres so many complain about it. Top that with not wanting to drive too far in case they get home sick and most of these whiners would be better on mumsnet… :confused:

As a day man I wouldn’t mind doing a night out for my firm, just not for 20 quid!
So I won’t,

Conor:
Well I’ve got a non-driving job in a factory and its none of those things. It depends on your employer and in my case its a small company who put its workers first. It does mean the owner isn’t driving round in a 67 plate prestige car and works his ■■■■ off but staff turnover is extremely low and it looks like the last person who left did so about half a decade ago and the only reason people get a job there is because of company growth.

He’d have a job…17 plates have only just come out :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

AndrewG:

As a day man I wouldn’t mind doing a night out for my firm, just not for 20 quid!
So I won’t,

Exactly.

Sleeping in a tin can with no loo for 20 quid a night is a mug’s game.

Truckulent:

Evil8Beezle:

AndrewG:

So I won’t,

Exactly.

Sleeping in a tin can with no loo for 20 quid a night is a mug’s game.

Too right , we were on £20 a night in 1998 .

the maoster:
I guess that you are just one of life’s winners Conor. You had the best driving job in the world ever and now you’ve slipped seamlessly into the worlds best non driving job. Jeez, some guys get all the luck.

luck■■?
I heard conor once won a raffle at the pub for free beer all night plus a ticket into the nightclub…when he walked in through the door,he was given a vip pass as he was customer number 1000 to enter…once in the vip,he got free champagne all night and chatted up by an indian bird who fancied the pants off of him,took him home and ploughed him all night,made him his breakfast in the morning,and then when he was almost out the door and kissing her goodbye.he scratched off the wee red dot on her forehead,and won a Vauxhall corsa!!! :open_mouth:

“when did drivers become whiney little ■■■■■■■” iirc on the Friday the last week in January 1981 I remember it well ,when I sat down in the drivers canteen and they started on about the " boy that passed his test yesterday and thinks he is a wagon driver" …thought it was strange as I passed my test the day before as well and didn’t see anyone new . :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

duh vodka fingers!!

the maoster:
I guess that you are just one of life’s winners Conor. You had the best driving job in the world ever and now you’ve slipped seamlessly into the worlds best non driving job. Jeez, some guys get all the luck.

I was thinking very same. Now if he would only set up an Instagram account and post endless motivational messages we all could be winners

My boss has ordered a new Wendy House ■■■■■ FL10, it does not come with factory fitted frilly curtains with pelmets and tassles so i am forced to contact our union rep, Theresa May, Tony Blair and Basil Brush to voice my concerns .
My mate is getting a new Erf Eaton Twin splitter day cab for his runs to Dubai and Jordan .
He gets the Indian dream catchers feathers, what do i get, Jack Sheet.

discoman:
A fridge and a microwave, should be a basic for a driver if tramping, I don’t see how they can be considered moaning in that instance. However the rest well you half whined :smiley:

I bet you still want meal allowance and night out money,even though your only spending money that you would have spent on your food bill if you had been at home

lolipop:

discoman:
A fridge and a microwave, should be a basic for a driver if tramping, I don’t see how they can be considered moaning in that instance. However the rest well you half whined :smiley:

I bet you still want meal allowance and night out money,even though your only spending money that you would have spent on your food bill if you had been at home

Too right, and why wouldn’t you, if I am staying out I want adequately compensated for it.
It used to be paid to buy digs, I used to get a tenner when I first started, you could get a room for less than that, but most of the time I cabbed it across the seats (who tf would do that today, but different times, it was just what you did then)
If the same criteria stood today, where could you get a room with or without a meal for 25quid these days??
So the night out money should be at least £40 now on those terms.

I have moaned about driving in the past,but I have to agree with you,stop when you like for a cup of tea/rest providing you get or can get the job done as required by your employer,i also find if the boss rings while your having a cuppa and you tell him why you have stopped they usually reply ok soon as you had your cuppa I need this done,you would not get that in a factory/office,sat navs I have no time for,if I need a microwave/telly/fridge I would pay for them myself but they would come out of the cab if I am on holiday,not that I would need them as I am a day driver,the best time to be a driver is during the summer,windows down, music up,lovely,the rest of the time you cope with it.

They’ve been moaning for time eternity. In the 60s drivers moaned their bosses didn’t supply them with wooden planks for the engine hump, and by the 70s they moaned because their bosses did supply them. The world is about 95% children stuck in adults bodies, as soon as that fact is digested life suddenly makes sense.