What's the longest you spent stationary?

14 hours operation stack, 12 hours M25 due to show, 13 hours Belgium because of snow but the one that takes the biscuit was 5 days in an Italian rest area waiting on a back load in August

Years ago, around 2006 I think, I got stuck in gridlocked traffic that had caused a few minor accidents where the road surface had suddenly frozen, and not been gritted.

I pulled up on the A414 road westbound out of Hertford, just after (what was then) the turnoff to Bengeo. (It is a roundabout now…)
This was about 8pm at night…

The traffic didn’t move again until 10:30am the following morning, when all the abandoned cars had been removed.

Had I not had a night heater in my cab, I would have abandoned the vehicle, as it was still -8 by 10:30 the following morning.
That is the last time also, I had a “night out”.

It took me ages to drive back to base, along blocked sections of the M25, M20 (M2 was closed up the hill between 2&3 - too icy)

I finally booked off at 5pm having started the previous shift about 5pm the previous night. Got given that night off, but only 90 minutes overtime was permitted to be booked! :imp:

9 hour rest shown on what I think was still a tacho disk, scored right around, so the middle fell out of it like an old jukebox-ready '45 when I tried to take it out of the dashboard device. :blush:

4 Weeks in Aveiro, Portugal in August, the best pay per week I ever received when working for Dentressangle, double time and nights out at the weekend and nights out for 31 days, took home over £800 per week 30 years ago.

Just over 7 hours about 10 years ago, stuck on the A38 duel carriageway that approaches Telegraph Hill going north towards Exeter. Heavy snow, followed by a big freeze meant several vehicles were stuck on the up slope, rendering the road impassable.

Stuck in really deep snow for 13 hours on the A40 about a mile from the old (and long gone) Windrush cafe circa 1982-ish.
Many days during the various blockades in France in the nineties, St Dizier for three days I recall on one occasion.

Six hours on the M11 last week due to a crash 24 hours in a truck stop in North Dakota due to snow

I had a near miss in Germany a couple of years ago . As I pulled into a services for the night an accident happened just after the services , this closed the motorway. When we awoke the following morning the motorway was just beginning to move again after 9 hrs of closure .
I have had 3, 4 and 5 days parked up waiting to re-load exhibitions or concerts .
Some guys that I worked with have had up to 3 weeks at distant venues waiting to re-load in places like Turkey or on one of the Mediterranean islands .
7hrs was the longest stuck at a fatal multi vehicle accident on the motorway in the UK .
The rule where I worked was to always take your overnight gear , even if it was only for a trip a couple of hours up the road .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Twoninety88:
Stuck in really deep snow for 13 hours on the A40 about a mile from the old (and long gone) Windrush cafe circa 1982-ish.
Many days during the various blockades in France in the nineties, St Dizier for three days I recall on one occasion.

Could have been near you, was around 1982, returning from South Wales, had snow all the way from Merthyr, called in at the Windrush, ordered a tea, police walked in, “anyone who wants to get home tonight, you’ve got five minutes to go we’re closing the road” I got home.

Nobody on Shap? Twice on Shap overnight in the sixties, second one a bloke in a chauffeur
-driven Bentley shared his cocktail cabinet, and once for two days on Beatock, when my car broke down, and then it snowed before my mate could get to me, so we were both stuck!
Hell, I’ve just realised that they were almost 60 years ago!

Five hours getting through St Albans in the late eighties when they changed the one way system round, it took one old lady most of that time to get out of the n c p car park.

6 hours on the A1M just south of durham due to the prop shaft kissing the tarmac

6 1/2 hours on the a2 in Germany. There was a truck fire and not sure what was on the back but every time they put it out it would burst back into flames.