WH Malcolm to fit driver facing cameras

I absolutely agree with everything Juddian said above but the chance of returning to our former cultural standards are nil not least because noone will start a movement to do so.
What a breath of fresh air on BBC’s “Question Time” last week from Laurence Fox dealing with a racist accusation from an audience member and a sexist jibe from that sour face Sami Chakrabarti.

Gidders:
I absolutely agree with everything Juddian said above but the chance of returning to our former cultural standards are nil not least because noone will start a movement to do so.
What a breath of fresh air on BBC’s “Question Time” last week from Laurence Fox dealing with a racist accusation from an audience member and a sexist jibe from that sour face Sami Chakrabarti.

And what a breath of fresh air young Fox is, they won’t have him back on QT in a hurry and i see some section of Equity are demanding (soppy arses) that he’s sidelined somehow, presumably until he prostrates himself before the politburo and attends re-education.
Not sure that’s going to happen snowflakes.

Fox and such are the public face of millions of us ■■■■■■ off to the eyeballs with all this politically correct ■■■■■■■■ we’ve been suffering for the last 2 and more decades, far from demolishing his career he’s just put a nought or two on his future bank balance, and more power to his elbow.

I’m still ■■■■■■■ mesen over Gervais throwing a metaphorical grenade into the luvvies self satisfied lives last week, whilst he and i would never see eye to eye politically that is irrelevent, he’s called them out for their complete hypocrisy.

Benjie83:

Juddian:

Trouble is for many good lads, especially the new guys like me the pool of employment is very small and sadly alot of the time it’s only company’s with this equipment that actually will give them a go.

As you say Mr juddian, and as always bloody superbly too, it’s really a case now of the boots gonna fit all regardless, but how could anyone make a stand ‘if’ they genuinely don’t have any choice as ultimately we gotta work an pay the bills so it’s a real as always stale mate.

I personally don’t think ANY audio should be live while vehicles parked, and nor should it be recording while nothings happening.

Would for me atleast take the sting off it a bit but ultimately I think this will be standard in all hgv, pcv, very very soon.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Ok so new drivers might have to put up with them at first to get a start, so be it, get some experience with that company and as soon as possible bugger off elsewhere, we’ll see how long providing training (and associated costs of new drivers, cos things do got ■■■■ up whether you want them to or not) for the industry only to see their better staff bugger off as soon as they skill up only to be left with the incompetent the otherwise unemployable and regular wreckers, not much of a business plan that one.
The overnight issue is just a red herring, anyone with an ounce of common will cover the bloody camera up, insulated with a sponge cover to prevent listening, the second he parks up.

It will only become standard if drivers accept it, and as i’ve always tried to tell people, if you make yourself as skilled and reliable and competent as you can you don’t need to work at places like that (though for those living in some areas admittedly there might not be a great deal of choice), you can move into other parts of the industry where driving is only one part of your work, because the more skilled you are the more reliable resourceful and competent the harder it is to replace you, which gives the driver a bit more clout than they might imagine.

Juddian:

Gidders:

And what a breath of fresh air young Fox is, they won’t have him back on QT in a hurry and i see some section of Equity are demanding (soppy arses) that he’s sidelined somehow, presumably until he prostrates himself before the politburo and attends re-education.
Not sure that’s going to happen snowflakes.

Fox and such are the public face of millions of us ■■■■■■ off to the eyeballs with all this politically correct ■■■■■■■■ we’ve been suffering for the last 2 and more decades, far from demolishing his career he’s just put a nought or two on his future bank balance, and more power to his elbow.

I’m still ■■■■■■■ mesen over Gervais throwing a metaphorical grenade into the luvvies self satisfied lives last week, whilst he and i would never see eye to eye politically that is irrelevent, he’s called them out for their complete hypocrisy.

Spot on as ever stout yeoman.Re Gervais,I’m fairly ambivalent to his charms tbh,Paltrow the ultimate expression of this baked in narcissism (she’s apparently hawking a new candle with essence of her own ■■■■■■) I ■■■■ thee not.Hanks has some significant skeletons in his closet,but Scorcese surely needs some slack cutting considering his impressive canon of work over the decades? Goodfellas,Raging Bull,Gangs Of New York etc.Maybe De Nero too,no one dominates a flick like that cat does.

Juddian:

Benjie83:

Juddian:

Trouble is for many good lads, especially the new guys like me the pool of employment is very small and sadly alot of the time it’s only company’s with this equipment that actually will give them a go.

As you say Mr juddian, and as always bloody superbly too, it’s really a case now of the boots gonna fit all regardless, but how could anyone make a stand ‘if’ they genuinely don’t have any choice as ultimately we gotta work an pay the bills so it’s a real as always stale mate.

I personally don’t think ANY audio should be live while vehicles parked, and nor should it be recording while nothings happening.

Would for me atleast take the sting off it a bit but ultimately I think this will be standard in all hgv, pcv, very very soon.

Ok so new drivers might have to put up with them at first to get a start, so be it, get some experience with that company and as soon as possible bugger off elsewhere, we’ll see how long providing training (and associated costs of new drivers, cos things do got ■■■■ up whether you want them to or not) for the industry only to see their better staff bugger off as soon as they skill up only to be left with the incompetent the otherwise unemployable and regular wreckers, not much of a business plan that one.
The overnight issue is just a red herring, anyone with an ounce of common will cover the bloody camera up, insulated with a sponge cover to prevent listening, the second he parks up.

It will only become standard if drivers accept it, and as i’ve always tried to tell people, if you make yourself as skilled and reliable and competent as you can you don’t need to work at places like that (though for those living in some areas admittedly there might not be a great deal of choice), you can move into other parts of the industry where driving is only one part of your work, because the more skilled you are the more reliable resourceful and competent the harder it is to replace you, which gives the driver a bit more clout than they might imagine.

As said its a tough one, and ofc it’d be nice to think if it really got to you you could move on, but I’m not so sure it’s gonna stay that way…

Im seriously on the fence with it all as I do see both sides, but I do believe in cab will be standard in all company cabs very soon, as there plenty firms who’ve had em a good while and are still advertising for drivers, not losing buisness and dont seem to be too worried about not having arses on seats.

I had an assessment other day with one in it, was I really bothered…with regard to me doing owt bad, no.

But I was forewarned lol.

As for personally, yeah it did make me feel a bit self conscious tbh but it’s more because I’ve always been marmalade to most but the thought of being judged for being me was a bit unsettling if I’m honest.

^^^^^^^
This is just what ‘‘they’’ want though innit. :unamused:
Easily influenced mugs like Rowley swallowing all the corporate bullcrap and regurgitating it all to whoever will listen, and new and perspective drivers listening and accepting it saying stuff like ‘‘It’s going to come to every firm’’ and thinking it’s all reasonable and acceptable. :unamused:
It’s neither, unless you are some spineless Borg.

Drivers who possess balls should be voting with their feet against this crap,.and leave the ones without any, to crack on if they love them so much.

Can’t think of any reason why ANY driver would be happy with inward facing cameras.
They have absolutely no benefit to the driver,anybody that comes on here and says they’ve never had a mouthful of coffee or bite of a sandwich whilst cracking on is full of ■■■■!!
I cannot believe people think it’s normal to be sat in a confined space for hours and be watched and defend the companies that want to do it :unamused:
This is why the jobs on its arse…

robroy:
^^^^^^^
This is just what ‘‘they’’ want though innit. :unamused:
Easily influenced mugs like Rowley swallowing all the corporate bullcrap and regurgitating it all to whoever will listen, and new and perspective drivers listening and accepting it saying stuff like ‘‘It’s going to come to every firm’’ and thinking it’s all reasonable and acceptable. :unamused:
It’s neither, unless you are some spineless Borg.

Drivers who possess balls should be voting with their feet against this crap,.and leave the ones without any, to crack on if they love them so much.

Yip, but what choice we got when ultimately its here and will only prevail further
as its humanity’s fault for creating the need to have it int first place thanks to its actions with regards to morals, standards, conduct…

And its man who’s made the tec to monitor it, so your
■■■■■■ if you do, ■■■■■■ if you don’t. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Yorkielad:
Can’t think of any reason why ANY driver would be happy with inward facing cameras.
They have absolutely no benefit to the driver,anybody that comes on here and says they’ve never had a mouthful of coffee or bite of a sandwich whilst cracking on is full of [zb]!!
I cannot believe people think it’s normal to be sat in a confined space for hours and be watched and defend the companies that want to do it :unamused:
This is why the jobs on its arse…

Well, your an old dinosaur who has issues according to the new crop of drivers. take Robry for instance, he tramps all week, as soon as he clocks off that is his home … I do not give a crap what people say about they switch off when on rest etc … them cameras will run 24/7 so there fore his privacy is breached … all these new drivers do not realise any company worth its weight in gold do not need to advertise vacancies. only companies with a high turn over of staff do, hence the camera’s due to damage to the cab, smoking in cab etc … Rowley will eventually be caught out for something, when on his 45 min break , he thinks it is acceptable for the company to listen in and watch his movements…

Couple of thoughts,

After all the chat and comments on the original post, how many WH Malcolm drivers have stood up to be counted…

And, without being melodramatic, maybe stop being so scared to lose your £9.50 p/h job and realise “if you tolerate this your children will be next”

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Roverman:
Couple of thoughts,

After all the chat and comments on the original post, how many WH Malcolm drivers have stood up to be counted…

And, without being melodramatic, maybe stop being so scared to lose your £9.50 p/h job and realise “if you tolerate this your children will be next”

That’s one of the wonders of the job, how there are so many people in one industry who can’t or won’t stick up for themselves or stick together, it’s full of everything, cheap labour, people who need to be told you can’t say no and believe it, for such a industry that’s so important there is just no explanation
Self preservation

Bigtruck3:

Roverman:
Couple of thoughts,

That’s one of the wonders of the job, how there are so many people in one industry who can’t or won’t stick up for themselves or stick together, it’s full of everything, cheap labour, people who need to be told you can’t say no and believe it, for such a industry that’s so important there is just no explanation
Self preservation

That’s all down to the calibre, character and ■■■■ poor attitude of many drivers today, …case in point on this thread alone.

Too many arse wipes, crawlers, and yes men in the job, who will stab you in the back as soon as look at you, in order to be the boss’s best mate. :unamused:

I’ve got them in my firm as I’m sure you will have in yours.
Sad ■■■■ specimens the lot of em, I just both laugh at them and treat them with the contempt they deserve, …despite them being totally oblivious to it. :unamused: :smiley:

Bigtruck3:

Roverman:
Couple of thoughts,

Self preservation

Is that not the giant elephant in the room.?Without wishing to appear like a rampant nationalist,you can’t really underestimate the impact of increasing waves of other nationality influxes to the industry,earning several times they would gain over here than would be achievable in their home nations.The existence of dfcs in the cab is hardly going to compromise that situation as they understandably fill their boots on the backs of our nations stagnating pay and ever increasing Draconian levels of compliance.Anyone would think this situation is a deliberate contrivance at the macro level.I think this scenario is where the rubber meets the road,The banksters control the game and now the insurance companies that dictate the driver cameras and even where you're allowed to park up for the night, are increasingly upping the ante` to that effect.
They’ve had us over a barrel for years,it’s just that the gloves are truly off now with the ptb and oh so stealthily,the new bars of the prison they’re building around us,(smart this,smart that) are put in place.A bleak analysis,but it’s been in the pipeline for yonks.

manalishi:

Bigtruck3:

Roverman:
Couple of thoughts,

Self preservation

Is that not the giant elephant in the room.?Without wishing to appear like a rampant nationalist,you can’t really underestimate the impact of increasing waves of other nationality influxes to the industry,earning several times they would gain over here than would be achievable in their home nations.The existence of dfcs in the cab is hardly going to compromise that situation as they understandably fill their boots on the backs of our nations stagnating pay and ever increasing Draconian levels of compliance.Anyone would think this situation is a deliberate contrivance at the macro level.I think this scenario is where the rubber meets the road,The banksters control the game and now the insurance companies that dictate the driver cameras and even where you're allowed to park up for the night, are increasingly upping the ante` to that effect.
They’ve had us over a barrel for years,it’s just that the gloves are truly off now with the ptb and oh so stealthily,the new bars of the prison they’re building around us,(smart this,smart that) are put in place.A bleak analysis,but it’s been in the pipeline for yonks.

Now then…Dont you think if we all saw/viewed ourselves as drivers and all got on with each other and closed ranks....Drivers being the Nationality, no matter where you were born or where you come from, no matter colour or creed.....Just being drivers together and working with each other and for each other and the well being of our respective families...Then we might just get somewhere, we might just be taken seriously if we all stood together, instead of allowing these chinless forkwits who think they own us to divide us.....We have real power if we become one with a common purpose and I dont know about you, but that common purpose could begin with us being treated as human beings, that simple!!! We can then build on that and see where it gets us.

Just a simple observation from someone who is not a real lorry driver, just a hobbyist who enjoys driving twice a week and owns an international business and is getting a tad fed up with being treated like a 5 year old!..….And it appears to be getting worse.

Tude:

manalishi:

Bigtruck3:

Roverman:
Couple of thoughts,

Self preservation

Now then…Dont you think if we all saw/viewed ourselves as drivers and all got on with each other and closed ranks....Drivers being the Nationality, no matter where you were born or where you come from, no matter colour or creed.....Just being drivers together and working with each other and for each other and the well being of our respective families...Then we might just get somewhere, we might just be taken seriously if we all stood together, instead of allowing these chinless forkwits who think they own us to divide us.....We have real power if we become one with a common purpose and I dont know about you, but that common purpose could begin with us being treated as human beings, that simple!!! We can then build on that and see where it gets us.

Just a simple observation from someone who is not a real lorry driver, just a hobbyist who enjoys driving twice a week and owns an international business and is getting a tad fed up with being treated like a 5 year old!..….And it appears to be getting worse.

I’d like to be asociated with those somewhat Woodstockian sentiments bud,but this common purpose of which you speak can’t really gain any traction when the companies employ different nationalities who’s purpose is far from common than the indigenous populace ,with ancestry going back hundreds of years.Make no mistake,there are macro agendas hell bent on erasing,cosy notions of national sovereignty so why the hell should the haulage game be exempt,it is after all dominated by the ptb targeted white,working class saxons is it not?.Throw into the mix a few more divide and rule red herrings like Brexit for example and the waters of some kind of unity become distinctly muddier.

common purpose if you’re not aware is a Tavistock Institute origin credo which underpins every sector of the political/cultural landscape of blighty,the system server political puppets that pretend to govern us,all have to be inculcated with this Frankfurt school ,origin marxist dogma,masquerading as diversity,inclusivity ad nauseum.It’s the beehive,worker drone philosophy they’ve been constructing for aeons and of course with generation millenial they basically have the prototype demographic necessary.I’m sure being on camera feels perfectly normal to this dessicated sector of society ,in fact they probably feel abnormal without them :open_mouth:

Rowley010:

toonsy:

Rowley010:
What’s the problem with them?

They actually helped out a driver at my place when a member of the public reported him saying he was on his phone whilst driving at this time on this date. Company downloaded the footage from the driver facing camera and saw that he wasn’t.

Why not give them a chance? They may actually prove your innocence one day.

Sounds like your company were keen to hang someone out to dry?

Did they not ask the accuser of any evidence first and foremost?

Keen to hang someone out to dry? Or maybe they were just being a responsible company and taking an allegation of a driver being on his phone whilst in control of artic seriously and properly investigating it.

Look I don’t know the ins and outs. I just know that a driver was immediately proved innocent because of the cameras. Now is that such a bad thing?

Inocense is presumed. Contraventions need to be proved, allegations not backed by proof are just words in the wind. At least theoretically, thats how a western democracy legal system works. Allegedly!
But I see Gorge Orwell had a point on his forecast, if citizens already think inocense needs to be proved we are a few generations away from totalitarianism. It will be a beautiful thing to see widespread inquisition sweep up Europe once more

Tude:

manalishi:

Bigtruck3:

Roverman:
Couple of thoughts,

Self preservation

Thats exactly why Maggy during the 80s destroyed the trade unions. Once the prole realises its collective power, even the Romanov’s dogs will be shot. A truckers movement would bring a country to its knees. Food would rot, rubbish would pile up, planes would be grounded, emergency services would vanish from public service, any and all suplly chain would lose its main link. A truckers movment organized at 70% nationally, could get in 4 days of paralysis, any demand. But a free market economy cannot afford to have its workers organized, nor philosophically educated to realise how important of a cog they are in this big machine called economy

Funny thing they will jump on all sorts of new devices NEVER EVER A CUT IN HOURS,PARKING AREAS, CLEAN TOILETS,I wonder what they will dream up next…no more than eight hours a day driving, min twelve hours off,no weekend working…no that would be a nightmare for them :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

fuse:
Funny thing they will jump on all sorts of new devices NEVER EVER A CUT IN HOURS,PARKING AREAS, CLEAN TOILETS,I wonder what they will dream up next…no more than eight hours a day driving, min twelve hours off,no weekend working…no that would be a nightmare for them :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

Mandatory illness cover?..Mentioned this before and if there are any Polish amongst us,is it true that you get six months pay sickness cover at full whack which gradually tapers downward during that year so the threats of penury don’t exacerbate the recovery process? I heard this from my ex employers Polish office bod before she got fully inculcated into the firms master and slave business model.

I also heard their economy is pretty buoyant.Maybe the newly enriched,first wave of arivees to these shores are in a stronger bargaining position now in their own country after years of capitalising on the UKs higher pay,compared to back home.?
I’m hearing around a grand a weeks far from unusual.

I’ve always thought this very forum itself could provide a tentative step to forming a union,we know the intellectual infrastructure is there with several of our august bretheren.How difficult could it be to launch the TNUK union?