Weekended at South Mimms

Grumpy_old_trucker:
do you not have an opinion of your own?

My opinion, you’re a ■■■■ and this place would be a lot better if you did one.

Yep, a group of foreigners gathered together around trucks, most have been away for two weeks and will probably end up doing another back to back trip after this one. Sitting around in the evening drinking, communal cooking, peeing in the bushes.

No not EE but Brits, Belgians, a Dane two Scots, a lad from Galway and a Spaniard.
The place? outside a Paper factory in Vicenza Italy in the 1980’s.

I have spent many weekends parked being the only Brit in the lorry park, surrounded by drivers from many different nations, not once did I ever feel threatened or superior just the opposite, many times I was humbled by their generosity- those weekends are some of the best I have had. almost every time the trailer boxes were opened, chairs bought out and an invitation extended to join them for food and drink- some how it seemed that alchohol works as a universal translator and even with limited knowledge of each others language many laughs were had. To call other drivers who would extend that hand of friendship to fellow drivers, low lifes is more a measure of, and more pertinent to the person saying it, than the drivers from countries other than the UK.

It does take the ■■■■ though when parking is at a premium and they take up three spaces :unamused:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

bobbya:

AndrewG:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
jumble sale?
Perhaps all that the lowlife are good for!

Just why are they lowlife exactly?? You dont know them from Adam. More EE bashing generalisation :unamused:

Well said.AndrewG

I’m entitled to an opinion, I don’t question your right to one and you have no right to question mine, that’s how the world works!

You are indeed, but it has already been explained to you that this is probably something to do with a house move. It may even have been done “off the radar” by the driver as a favour to a friend, and while this would not meet with his employer’s wholehearted approval, I’m sure many Brits will have done something similar.

He is a low life because he is taking up 3 spaces.

adam277:

I didn’t say he was a lowlife , I said he’s taking the ■■■■ taking up 3 spaces , and I stand by it

robroy:
Tbf mate, he wasn’t questioning your rights to anything, he was asking why you thought they were …quote; ‘‘low life’’
and tbh I was about to ask you the same question. :neutral_face:
A driver is a driver to me, irrespective of his nationality.

+1

dozy:

adam277:

I didn’t say he was a lowlife , I said he’s taking the ■■■■ taking up 3 spaces , and I stand by it

Your right, I am saying he is a low life because of him taking the 3 spaces. :grimacing:

He has even bought his own red rubbish bin all the way from Poland.
He must of heard that the UK is litter ridden and if there is a bin , it will be full up.

Well said ROB…in get the hump with drivers calling fellow drivers Low Life Flip Flops just because theyre from the eastern bloc…theyre doing the same job as we are, theyre being blamed for taking our jobs, for breaking cabotage rules, taking up parking places for days on end, and all that goes with it…instead of blaming our Transport minister, and the government, and VOSA for not enforcing it,there lies the problem, BUt theres always drivers who moan and moan about this industry…but are not prepared to down tools and protest like it should be, to make others take notice. We are being walked over, now we are told across europe and the uk, No sleeping in your cab for a 45hr rest…In the uk it allowed if you park in a truckstop or MSA…No parking for a daily rest, in a layby, a driver must have facilities to hand…yet companies across the uk, can refuse us entry to their toilets, ( soon to be changed by H&S ) hopefully…but these changes will bring nothing but grief, unless theres a protest…( remember the poll tax ) thats how to get it done…but if your not prepared for a fight, expect to be beaten.

truckyboy:
Well said ROB…in get the hump with drivers calling fellow drivers Low Life Flip Flops just because theyre from the eastern bloc…theyre doing the same job as we are, theyre being blamed for taking our jobs, for breaking cabotage rules, taking up parking places for days on end, and all that goes with it…instead of blaming our Transport minister, and the government, and VOSA for not enforcing it,there lies the problem, BUt theres always drivers who moan and moan about this industry…but are not prepared to down tools and protest like it should be, to make others take notice. We are being walked over, now we are told across europe and the uk, No sleeping in your cab for a 45hr rest…In the uk it allowed if you park in a truckstop or MSA…No parking for a daily rest, in a layby, a driver must have facilities to hand…yet companies across the uk, can refuse us entry to their toilets, ( soon to be changed by H&S ) hopefully…but these changes will bring nothing but grief, unless theres a protest…( remember the poll tax ) thats how to get it done…but if your not prepared for a fight, expect to be beaten.

Get the ball rolling then.

AndrewG:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
jumble sale?

Just why are they lowlife exactly?? You dont know them from Adam. More EE bashing generalisation :unamused:

typical ignorant generalisation ; then again he is the “grumpy old trucker”

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_trucker:

bobbya:

AndrewG:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
jumble sale?

Well said.AndrewG

I’m entitled to an opinion, I don’t question your right to one and you have no right to question mine, that’s how the world works!

No my friend, that’s not who it works at all in a democratic society!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ezydriver:

truckyboy:

Get the ball rolling then.

Registering trucks in Europe/EE to take advantage of RFL and cheaper insurance, cabotage and a low wage with tax free ‘allowances’ is the way UK haulage companies could compete but apart from some IRL no one will. Sitting back moaning and whinging re ‘foreigners’ taking the jobs/work seems preferential… :unamused:

AndrewG:
Registering trucks in Europe/EE to take advantage of RFL and cheaper insurance, cabotage and a low wage with tax free ‘allowances’ is the way UK haulage companies could compete but apart from some IRL no one will. Sitting back moaning and whinging re ‘foreigners’ taking the jobs/work seems preferential… :unamused:

I remember about 15 to 18 or so years ago when many Brit firms ‘flagged out’ and ran on Dutch plates.

I also remember later on when many Brit drivers worked on Dutch motors for Dutch companies.
Who knows,… there was maybe a Dutch forum called ‘Vrachtwagennet’ where bigoted members gave Brits grief for ‘‘Coming over here, taking our jobs’’ and all the rest of the anti EE driver ■■■■■■■■ that you get on this forum by the same few. :unamused:

robroy:

AndrewG:

I remember about 15 to 18 or so years ago when many Brit firms ‘flagged out’ and ran on Dutch plates.

I also remember later on when many Brit drivers worked on Dutch motors for Dutch companies.
Who knows,… there was maybe a Dutch forum called ‘Vrachtwagennet’ where bigoted members gave Brits grief for ‘‘Coming over here, taking our jobs’’ and all the rest of the anti EE driver ■■■■■■■■ that you get on this forum by the same few. :unamused:

I couldn’t possibly comment…

I wonder why the "fair trade transport-Dutch driver " window stickers have become so popular…

Grumpy_old_trucker:
jumble sale?

Why is he lowlife?

snapper711:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
jumble sale?

Why is he lowlife?

Hes disappeared from the thread, most likely doesnt have a credible answer…

Grumpy_old_trucker:

bobbya:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
This bobbya character, do you not have an opinion of your own?
You just tend to agree with what ever anybody else posts, are you not intelligent enough to form your own opinion?

You are a very rude person,I wouldn’t normally reply to someone like yourself but I do realise you’re special needs,have a nice evening.

Being the grandparent of a child that has special needs, I find your post extremely offensive!

Don’t you dare try that one on.

You are entitled to your opinions in my book even if they are not popular or are even offensive in some people’s opinion.

However your grandchild’s condition gives you no special rights whatsoever to take or give offence.