Ways to cut cost

Yeah, but your going to buy the shopping anyway, right?! And its amazing how a few doughnuts and cases of Stella mount up :laughing: !

Denis F:
it’s usually spend £50 on food and recieve a voucher for 5p off each litre ( amount may vary) last one I got was sainsburys - I think it was spend £100 in the food part to get a 5p off voucher !!

shopping at sainsburys… your a bit flush arent you… oh another owner driver… and farmers friend

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:
shopping at sainsburys…

not very often :wink: mostly somerfields

your a bit flush arent you… oh another owner driver… and farmers friend

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

being an OD and relying on farming for income doesn’t make me flush :unamused: makes me skint :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
glad you took it the way it was meant denis …and thats with a pinch of salt

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

leehellcat:
There is also a limit on the amount of fuel you can have the money off. I think it is about 60 Litres or something, because modern cars don’t have big tanks anymore.

It’s not a regular event for me, but I always fill up my (retired) unit at Tesco, either in Newbury, Winchester or Southampton, with no probs. I’m not as pushed for time because I’m only playing out, but the low pressure pump only adds about 5 mins to the job.

The pumps cut out on a timer, but I just go inside, leave them my card and then they reset the pump and consolidate the two transactions. In my case, I can ignore the “NO HGV” signs because mine is a private vehicle! I appreciate it’s pain in the posterior if you have to drop a trailer or if you have a tall deflector or something. No tall deflector on my Atkinson!

Interesting though to see Tesco at Copdock on the A12/A14 junction near Ipswich, fuel facilities complete with lorry park and all. I wonder if that’s a commercial decision by Tesco, or whether it was a condition of the planning permission.

Newcastle Brown Lable instead of tax disc
Run on Red Diesel
Run night and day
Carry two loads at once
disconnect Tacho/Limiter
Go directly to Jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.00 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Filled up at a Tesco sattelite garage and Derv was only 86.5 per litre.

Good eh? When it’s anywhere between 90 94 pence per litre at service stations on motorways!!

If you are running across the A14 then tescos at copdock (ipswich) has dedicated hgv pumps.