VOSA HOTLINE.

i think you will find it was the gustapo from brussles that inroduced the rise in hours form ithink it was 12 to 15 for safety just like wtd ha ha

NEJ:
I am all for dealing legally with “O” licence dodgers etc. but to ask other drivers / companies to report illegal operators etc. is in my opinion a disgraceful state of affairs as all bona fide companies have to pay for the “services” of the VOSA so the answer is simple " EMPLOY MORE ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS" :confused: :angry: to ensure compliance and don,t expect other drivers / companies to do it for them FOC:shock:

Remember M. Thatcher was the one who introduced the 15 hr “working day” and at the same time REDUCED the staff at the VOSA (then the “Traffic Commissioners”) :imp:

As one thread says you might find yourself on the receiving end of a violent response should the “operator” mistakenly find out who you are! :imp:

Ad Infinitum

I already work as the front line of the Immigration office, so what is wrong with becoming a VOSA officer as well :unamused: next will come fines for not spotting them

The chances are if they can’t be bothered to get an o licence they can’t be bothered to get tax, if they can’t be bothered to get tax they probably can’t be bothered to get an mot, if they haven’t got an mot they probably haven’t got brakes and if they haven’t got brakes or another similarly important componant of a 44t truck they.ll probably kill someone in an rta!! Then they will run away and leave the victims to pick up the pieces and the insurance! Mmm?

:imp:

why do vosa use a 0870 number?
why does any government department use either 0870 or 0845 numbers?
most people phoning these numbers are using a mobile phone to do so, these numbers are not able to be used as free allowance so we have to pay for the call.
why don’t they use a mobile number or a normal landline number so we don’t have to pay to report bad operators or obstructions on the road (highways agency).

johnny:
why do vosa use a 0870 number?
why does any government department use either 0870 or 0845 numbers?
most people phoning these numbers are using a mobile phone to do so, these numbers are not able to be used as free allowance so we have to pay for the call.
why don’t they use a mobile number or a normal landline number so we don’t have to pay to report bad operators or obstructions on the road (highways agency).

saynoto0870.com/search.php

VOSA enquiry unit 01792 454318

thanks rog.
why can’t they just offer these numbers so it makes life easy?

johnny:
thanks rog.

Because they take a cut of the profits from the call. And if you are holding in a queue then all the better for them.

Carl

If your going to complain about some one, at least have the decency to identify yourself! Anon complainants carry less credability and to attack people from the shadows is just wrong!

Edited due to the ridiculously small font used on the reply page!

I was thinking of reporting an operator for running with more vehicles than his license allows. Also know this operator has terrible record keeping and Im pretty sure the vehicles arent serviced at required intervals, wasnt really sure if it was worth the call though. The operator has now applied to add more vehicles to the license, and has just had the 5 yearly renewal for the license made. I cant understand how Vosa renew licenses without checking operators?

Why would you want to? The bloke is just trying to earn a living.

Why does`nt everyone not use the number,make VOSA do there own job instead of you doin the dirty work,then maybe they will stop pullin me in,3 times i was pulled this week.With a truck thats a year old,just tested last week, and not once was i away in less than a hour,nowt wrong at all,i have no time for these ■■■■■■■ !!!

Why do VOSA’s job for them?
Why be a GRASS?

I used to run my own tipper, It was taxed, mot’d, and well maintained. But i didn’t have an O’licence.
The way i saw it was that if i got an O’licence, then they could take it off me. But having no O’licence dosn’t mean you run a knackered truck.

Good on ya limeyphil, I don’t blame you. VOSA are nothing but slimey scumbags out to make a few quid. See the post “Are VOSA scumbags or what?” They are just out to have a go at people who are trying to earn a living and don’t know the difference between a dangerous truck and a safe well maintained truck that just happens to have picked up a minor fault on route.

Speck…

Speck:

johnny:
thanks rog.

Because they take a cut of the profits from the call. And if you are holding in a queue then all the better for them.

Carl

I called VOSA yesterday. Gave up after spending half an hour on the call, never got to speak to anyone.

I wonder if I can call that half hour a ‘rest period’? :unamused:

Ged.

oh we love the vosa oh yea my hole

I agree with letting VOSA do the job we are paying them for, IMO some of them have crap attitudes and are utterly unprofessional.

Latest point in case,

yesterday about 4.30pm one of the muppets pulls infront of me just before the slip off the 249 onto the A2 no indication causing me to jam my anchors on to stop hitting the ahole up the rear.

The little hitler then drives at 50 ish MPH down the a2 coastbound in heavy traffic giving no opportunity to overtake and when the chance came he sped up leaving me marooned in the outside lane.

To Cap it all a numpty in a certain companies FH from northhant sounds like ‘mavies’ international takes the inside lane on the canterbury roundabout with a furniture artic in the correct lane and turns right chasing the furniture artic around the roundabout and blocking his exit. Vosa boy witnesses it all as he is sat in front of me nowt will happen as the lazy yellow coated hitler doesn’t seem to know the rules of the road himself(and tea time was coming).

Fair play to the furniture driver he kept his cool and went around the roundabout again (in the correct lane) and joined safely, to be honest I think I would have closed the idiot out. Double crewed half a brain between them and showing off his driving skills not!!! if said driver is a member here your a moron and a fatal waiting to happen, WISE UP!!! :imp:

welltin:
I was thinking of reporting an operator for running with more vehicles than his license allows. Also know this operator has terrible record keeping and Im pretty sure the vehicles arent serviced at required intervals, wasnt really sure if it was worth the call though. The operator has now applied to add more vehicles to the license, and has just had the 5 yearly renewal for the license made. I cant understand how Vosa renew licenses without checking operators?

Id be carefull with what info you pass on to VOSA I recently renewed my ops licence and some dog had been on the phone with all the usual bull s**t doesn’t do safety checks on vehicles drivers running bent and all that crap which wasn’t true anyway, We invited VOSA to come and inspect our records which they did and without any problem. We had the last laugh though because our solicitors were able to obtain the details of the mug who had been on the phone under the freedom of information act and as such we now have his details. NICE
So before you decide to start grassing BEWARE!!!

I would rather stick pins in me eyes than become a grass!

kenno78:
I would rather stick pins in me eyes than become a grass!

Well said !!!