Volvo f89 parts

I have a spare 12lt engine and 16spd gearbox and numerous other mechanical bits. For bodywork I’d recommend Leo Bol in Holland, he’s doing my cab on my F89. He’s a Volvo nut.
What you got? Post up a pic.
Good luck.

Airpikey, I’ll be interested in what you have, can you email me as above or give contact details and I’ll be in touch.

I will post some pics of the F89 on here soon. Its a 4x2 tractor unit. Thanks.

I’ll PM once home and on my PC.

All my spares though are over with Leo as the remnants of the spare truck were on the back of my rigid!

3.8M wheelbase?

I hope its not my old one!!! I sold mine in Athens with a blown engine around 1990 & used to see it running around Piraeus untill the late 90’s early 00’s. I’ll post a picture.

Loading Ouzo in Lamia (appologies if posted before :blush: )

THERE ARE QUITE AFEW BITS AND PIECES ON EBAY AT THE MO ON F88S I KNOW THEY WERE RIGHT HAND DRIVVE BUT MITE BE ABLE TO HELP YOU .

Airpikey: I’ve seen Leo Bol’s work hes a genius. I’ve done a Scania 141 from total scrap, it took 5 years but I love it. I was lucky and had lots of help.

Leo does replacement panels in GRP for the F89 that might come in handy for you if you’re DIYing the bodywork and as another poster said there’s a few bits on ebay now and again.
PM sent.

Dave

You’ll soon be smokin!

Hi Airpikey, what are his prices like? I expect it costs a fair bit for a cab to be done because when I did my 141 body panels cost a fortune.

Hi Flysheet, the reason I bought it was when I got there the chap picked me up from airport and took me to see it.
I did not expect too much , he left me on my own for half hour. I was thinking am I nuts? Do I want a couple of years stress and no money? Then he came back and put jump leads on and started it. Very little smoke, sounded awesome. Thats what convinced me. Is it lunacy? we’ll see.

Heres a pic of Rowlands 141.

mechanic77:
Heres a pic of Rowlands 141.

is this 141 rear lift or double drive cant focus to stoned

rward:
Hi Flysheet, the reason I bought it was when I got there the chap picked me up from airport and took me to see it.
I did not expect too much , he left me on my own for half hour. I was thinking am I nuts? Do I want a couple of years stress and no money? Then he came back and put jump leads on and started it. Very little smoke, sounded awesome. Thats what convinced me. Is it lunacy? we’ll see.

Love at first 330 rumblings I’ll bet. Good luck to you Chap get some pictures on when you can, way too many Scanias been done its time to see a real lorry done up. Lunacy I’d say probably but WTF I ride a 4k mountain bike poorly I may add at least your 89 will take up a bit of room.

bradfordlad9999:
[is this 141 rear lift or double drive cant focus to stoned

It is a rear lift.

Heres a pic of the F89 that should soon be on its way to Caerphilly.

Soon be able to rip all that Greek tat off it chap, them bubbles love a bit of fibreglas on the roof!!! Never seen it before during my many years of hanging out in Athens. Are you going down the authentic rebuild route?

Hiya rowlands…was’nt that truck somthing to do with a traveling show or a circus■■? i saw a photo
of her about 9 months ago… she was parked in a wire compound with a for sale(somthing like that)
in the window but you could’nt make out the phone number… she looks a good bit of kit…you’ll
keep us posted i hope
Cheersw John

3300 john: I’m glad u said that because thats exactly what the chap I bought it off said. I would not say its quite as good as it looks. Anymore info would be great. The dealer I bought it off seemed really genuine.

fly sheet: I am really going to try and keep authentic. For the next few months to a year im going to se what I can gather together parts wise. I would love to get as near as I can.

I don’t give up easily so if you hear of any parts please let me know, thank you.

mechanic77:
Heres a pic of the F89 that should soon be on its way to Caerphilly.

Is it me or is that a Leyland Roadtrain front valance on that?

If it is and you dont want it can I have it??