Volvo F10,F12,F16

Geoffo:

robthedog:

Geoffo:
A mate spotted this this week out and about. (I DONT THINK HE DID)

Hi Rob. I only got sent the photo. I hadn’t realised that the picture was ’ half inched’ from s press article.

Maybe he saw it for real or was just BS’ing me.

Either way, it’s great to see that someone is still out there driving a F12.

I agree with you on all counts

ET

Old F12 still working on circus work in Spain
Don’t rate the wind deflector what’s your thoughts IVECO ?

A474C39C-F7FB-48D7-A087-B1D417FEF1AD.jpeg

Yes, iveco Turbostar spoiler on that.

Steve

Needs saving

This was my F10, picture taken around 1983.

Steve

philt:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody spotted the Ausie F16 6x4 listed on ebay a couple of weeks back? Was intending to view but seller pulled auction early…
Very nearly took the plunge a few years ago on a Euro import but wobbled with it being LHD. Anyway, got me thinking how much would it cost to bring in a truck from down under. Probably eye watering but would be interesting to know - if anyone has been down this route please advise.

Cheers,
Phil.

Phil, you may be pleasantly surprised by the cost, we export a lot of empty containers. Bear in mind most trucks here are bogie drive.
Look through here.

trucksales.com.au/

ACH pre ND

Nice

C55FE167-38F4-4972-94AA-0E78C6747112.jpeg

FB_IMG_1602871482603.jpg

Thought I would add a few pics of HA Boyse Fleet from Kempston. My Dad (John Dines) drove for them from the 70s until he retired in the mid 90s. Sadly Dad passed away in 2019 but never a day went by without him talking about how amazing his F10 was. As a kid I spent my school holidays in a wreck of a Foden that was bloody freezing… Guy Big J, F86, Seddon Atkinson (cab fell off) and then BBM330T F1017 (the first F10 they purchased). He had a few of them an S Ride and finished up with a Merc (Hitler’s Revenge he called it).
General Haulage for a couple of weeks (talc powder handballed from Chep pallets to plain ones). Colchester Docks and I think the other one was Rowhedge (really rough lane that was only concreted on one side)! I looked at the guys pulling timber (Anglian Transport?) and then sat around waiting for Dad to finish loading talc or Fishmeal! Another joyous smell was Bonemeal. Also containers a plenty… At the time I loathed and loved the time with the Old Chap… especially the Brick Trunk, Stewartby, Marston, Ridgemont and pipes out of Warboys (I think). Dad would do a run to Clockhouse (Copel) back to Stewartby and then two runs up to Nuneaton LBC. Not sure if it was a night or day shift!
Anyway… would be nice to know if anyone on here remembered Dad! My Brother’s both drove for a while, one at Boyse’s and the other for CJ Haynes in Sherington.

01461EBC-3E2F-4057-BC7C-82ABC81E8D8F.jpg

IMG_6664.PNG.jpg

Imp

Tidy

robthedog:
Imp

Real fliers before limiters came in!

Tidy

Could be a tad overweight on the drive axle

BBM330Y:
Thought I would add a few pics of HA Boyse Fleet from Kempston. My Dad (John Dines) drove for them from the 70s until he retired in the mid 90s. Sadly Dad passed away in 2019 but never a day went by without him talking about how amazing his F10 was. As a kid I spent my school holidays in a wreck of a Foden that was bloody freezing… Guy Big J, F86, Seddon Atkinson (cab fell off) and then BBM330T F1017 (the first F10 they purchased). He had a few of them an S Ride and finished up with a Merc (Hitler’s Revenge he called it).
General Haulage for a couple of weeks (talc powder handballed from Chep pallets to plain ones). Colchester Docks and I think the other one was Rowhedge (really rough lane that was only concreted on one side)! I looked at the guys pulling timber (Anglian Transport?) and then sat around waiting for Dad to finish loading talc or Fishmeal! Another joyous smell was Bonemeal. Also containers a plenty… At the time I loathed and loved the time with the Old Chap… especially the Brick Trunk, Stewartby, Marston, Ridgemont and pipes out of Warboys (I think). Dad would do a run to Clockhouse (Copel) back to Stewartby and then two runs up to Nuneaton LBC. Not sure if it was a night or day shift!
Anyway… would be nice to know if anyone on here remembered Dad! My Brother’s both drove for a while, one at Boyse’s and the other for CJ Haynes in Sherington.

Great photos, didn’t know your dad but a bloke I served my apprenticeship with Mick Gates has been there for years and still there as far as I know.

Volvo F16

volvo f16 swed.PNG.jpg