Vlogging =other work

robroy:
One answer would have saved all these posts and space.
That answer being…
‘‘Who [zb] cares’’? :bulb:
(With maybe the exception of the o/p.)

Is it just me or what, that is now bored [zb] less with all this Trucker’s you tube bull [zb] or what. :imp:
If it ain’t I’ll apologise and leave you all to it.

You paying the server costs or something Rob me ol’ mate?

Age old mantra, don’t like it, don’t read it, don’t quote it, don’t reply to it. :wink:

Reef:

robroy:
That answer being…

Is it just me or what, that is now bored [zb] less with all this Trucker’s you tube bull [zb] or what. :imp:

You paying the server costs or something Rob me ol’ mate?

Age old mantra, don’t like it, don’t read it, don’t quote it, don’t reply to it. :wink:

Nah I never pay for anything that I don’t have to mate. :smiley:
Sometimes it’s good to comment on stuff that you don’t like. :wink:

So you’re saying when I’m at home, on my computer and drinking a beer in my office, I should be on other work? Why?

I’m not at work…
I’m not in a truck.
It’s my spare time to do with as I please.

Last time I spoke to a DVSA officer he said he could see no problem but feel free to double check for me

LukeCinaHGV:
So you’re saying when I’m at home, on my computer and drinking a beer in my office, I should be on other work? Why?

I’m not at work…
I’m not in a truck.
It’s my spare time to do with as I please.

Last time I spoke to a DVSA officer he said he could see no problem but feel free to double check for me

Neither do I.

But legally it’s other work. No way around it if you are doing it for reward.

Sweeping the yard had got jack all to do with driving or operating a vehicle. But if you do it for money it goes on a tacho.

What you do is between you and your employer. No issues with that.

Contrary to what you probably think - this isn’t a dig. I can’t imagination a prosecution. But I know I’m right.

Simplest way I can explain it.

I buy and sell shares/currencies.

I make money from it.

I do this in my own time.

The actual time I spend researching and actually doing the transaction is by the legal definition “other work”. Despite having nothing to do with transport or trucks in any way.

Do I record it on a tacho?

Do I ■■■■ as like.

By the actual regulations should I?

Yeah. Definitely.

Looks like I can never go on to work then because I’m always earning revenue. I’m always on social media, my channel has registered a 5% increase of viewers from this forum over the last 48 hours which means everytime I post I’m indirectly promoting my channel. I upload photos all though the day on Facebook and Instagram, I spend time reading 100’s of comments and emails from companies and viewers. As well as constantly checking out analytics I’m also reviewing projected figure’s. I’m creating content all day.
But I do it in MY TIME.
My personal spare time.

Social media does not come under the other work rule otherwise it’ll be readily available to view on the direct gov site.

Anything else is pure hearsay and opinions

You might not view you vlogging as work. Hate to break it to you. It is.

You are earning money from an act.

If you aren’t classed as working give up driving and go and try and sign on declaring you aren’t actually employed but you are earning thousands.

What do you think they will say?

Seems applicable as it states that during a rest period no task regardless of the employment type can be conducted.

Again. No malice in this post but if you are going to proclaim to be the face of an industry you need to be accurate. And quite simply - you are mistaken.

All the above legislation is direct from the .gov website. Readily available you could say.

At the end of the day if you don’t believe me or the evidence go to HMRC tell them that you are earning thousands from making videos and see if they think you are working.

Cos obviously they won’t want a cut if it’s not earnings.

LukeCinaHGV:
. I’m always on social media, my channel has registered a 5% increase of viewers from this forum over the last 48 hours.

Looks like what we all suspected was right then :unamused:
All that mind numbing cringy crap that was put on here over 2 (locked) threads over last week WAS a profile raising excercise after all :bulb:
Carried out by either one person or two with multiple I’d.s (including or not including yourself and your other mates of a similar vein.)
You’re undoubtedly going to come back with the ‘‘I don’t need any increase, I’ve got…etc etc’’
But in a commercial venture there is never ‘enough’ is there. :bulb:

(Incidentally my thread on Feedback forum questioning the said motives has been removed :open_mouth: , and I’ve put another one on there asking why that is.)

robroy:
That answer being…

After reading the rest of this thread…I take that back. :laughing:

robroy:

LukeCinaHGV:
. I’m always on social media, my channel has registered a 5% increase of viewers from this forum over the last 48 hours.

All that mind numbing cringy crap that was put on here over 2 (locked) threads over last week WAS a profile raising excercise after all :bulb:
Carried out by either one person or two with multiple I’d.s (including or not including yourself and your other mates of a similar vein.)
You’re undoubtedly going to come back with the ‘‘I don’t need any increase, I’ve got…etc etc’’

(Incidentally my thread on Feedback forum questioning the said motives has been removed :open_mouth: , and I’ve put another one on there asking why that is.)

I can only speak for myself here but I only have 1 account on this forum, and I don’t know the road legends personally. I’m just a fan. I’m sure the mods can check the IP addresses of these so called sock puppet, duplicate posters everyone seems paranoid about to see if its one person orchestrating this.

robroy:

LukeCinaHGV:

I can assure you that none of us “Legends” had any thing to do with the posts. i was informed by a viewer that we were being spoke about on this forum. (again, because this isn’t the first time)
i then informed the lads.None of them knew anything about it wither. only Kev commented back once or twice. the others wanted nothing to do with the forum.
The only reason im on here commenting is because im of work at the moment and i have time.

have i received a spike in views from this forum? Yea sure, but you missed the point. INDIRECTLY advertised. that means i had nothing to do with it. not once have i said “PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL” infact, ive pretty much said the opposite by saying “ITS NOT FOR YOU, YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE”

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I’ve actually sent an email to DVSA and im awaiting a reply. could take 10 days.
If what your saying is true and only the “editing time” needs to count towards working time/other work then its only about 90 minutes per video. As for uploading, its two clicks of a mouse button and it does it for me. the recording bit is done while on shift.

whats your opinion on LIVE STREAMs. What then? am i working? or am i just playing video games?
one last thing. am i working whilst on my phone all day ?
I just of of the phone with a guy from Renault. Their writing a piece about me in an a issue of a truck magazine and for social media

robroy:

robroy:
That answer being…

Mate, you are the only one carrying this joke on. If you just stop with the crap we would of been gone long ago.
The only time we ventured over to TNUK is to read what crap is being said about us when someone alerts us.

I’m very sorry but I’ve get much better things to do than trying to wind up a bunch of old truckers on a forum, Luke may of seen a slight increase but that’s only down to you not letting threads die, starting new ones and turning legitimate threads like this one into your own agenda.

Have fun promoting us :laughing:

LukeCinaHGV:

robroy:

LukeCinaHGV:

I can assure you that none of us “Legends” had any thing to do with the posts. i was informed by a viewer that we were being spoke about on this forum. (again, because this isn’t the first time)
i then informed the lads.None of them knew anything about it wither. only Kev commented back once or twice. the others wanted nothing to do with the forum.
The only reason im on here commenting is because im of work at the moment and i have time.

have i received a spike in views from this forum? Yea sure, but you missed the point. INDIRECTLY advertised. that means i had nothing to do with it. not once have i said “PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL” infact, ive pretty much said the opposite by saying “ITS NOT FOR YOU, YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE”

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I’ve actually sent an email to DVSA and im awaiting a reply. could take 10 days.
If what your saying is true and only the “editing time” needs to count towards working time/other work then its only about 90 minutes per video. As for uploading, its two clicks of a mouse button and it does it for me. the recording bit is done while on shift.

whats your opinion on LIVE STREAMs. What then? am i working? or am i just playing video games?
I just of of the phone with a guy from Renault. Their writing a piece about me in an a issue of a truck magazine and for social media

It must be great living in fantasy world it can’t be easy making up all this stuff, it takes a great imagination to put yourself outside the real world and post made up stuff

kevtee:

robroy:

robroy:
That answer being…

Mate, you are the only one carrying this joke on. If you just stop with the crap we would of been gone long ago.
The only time we ventured over to TNUK is to read what crap is being said about us when someone alerts us.

I’m very sorry but I’ve get much better things to do than trying to wind up a bunch of old truckers on a forum, Luke may of seen a slight increase but that’s only down to you not letting threads die, starting new ones and turning legitimate threads like this one into your own agenda.

Have fun promoting us :laughing:

Oh dear. :neutral_face:
Things not going according to plan eh :laughing:

This ‘joke’ as you put it, was originated AND perpetuated continuously by your fan boys, now whether or not you or any of the others were having a laugh and it WAS really you, is down to the jury which is still out.

Your mate Luke reckons he was not involved, and I tend to believe him, maybe because he did not come across as rattled about it all as you eh?

Ok mate, I’ll let it go, I have no agenda, I did not start all this ■■■■ on this forum, you lot (or not) did, and whoever did, it did not get the desired response, because none of us ‘old truckers’ :smiley: are remotely interested in you, most of us think you’re all a bit of a ■■■■ joke tbh.
But hey!..good luck with it all, I ain’t a vindictive guy, and if I have in fact ‘promoted’ you then c’est la vie as Del Boy might say. :wink:

LukeCinaHGV:

I agree…

You haven’t said ‘go check out my channel’.

Your signature does that for you.

Speaking of signatures, is it only me that thinks Mr lukecinahgv signature is a cringe worthy
rip off of Luke Vernon?
Duncan

Moderator note: Removed, play nice or play elsewhere.

Bigtruck3:

LukeCinaHGV:

robroy:

LukeCinaHGV:

It must be great living in fantasy world it can’t be easy making up all this stuff, it takes a great imagination to put yourself outside the real world and post made up stuff

Not sure what you talking about…

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

Bigtruck3:

LukeCinaHGV:

robroy:

LukeCinaHGV:

What exactly do you think is made up?