united carriers

hi cockney rebel
i started at carriers in 1963, i was on night trunk from 78 till 89 then again from94 till they finished . i was mainly on the maidstone trunk, but also did all the other trunks at some time,so i must have worked with you at some time.what is your name ?
cheers diesel (mick goss)

hello lads :slight_smile: a bloke from my village drove for UC for years at Braunstone,Leicester depot,until it closed.i’ll ask him if he has any photo’s.one of their drivers drove for years with a 'mushrooms are magic’sun-visor sticker in the window of his ERF artic :laughing:

Hi Diesel I did most of the trunks mostly Alton,Bristol,Braintree, I remember running with I think his name was
Ray Sharp (half sharp) loved to get the trailer wheels of the ground I remember your name and probably a lot
more if memory was jogged .

Cockney Rebel (Ken Rees)

hi ken ,blimey your a blast from the past, i remember you leaving carriers and starting up buying a cement mixer truck, i might even have worked on your truck as i used to look after barry thomas,s mixer and did,nt you work with him.i havent seen ray sharpe for years but i bet he is still as mad as a hatter .other drivers around that time were rod rich ron hooton ken saunders pete collins steve abrahams to name a few, nice to hear from you, cheers diesel.

Don’t give me that Mick, you can hardly remember anything at your age mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi pat
your right, its a job to remember things these days , but i shall never forget YOU and the good days :smiley: :blush: :imp:
cheers diesel.

bloody hell you have got a good memory i did my CPC with Barry Thomas my first mixer came from Corby plant
and i worked out of billing when the other Corby truck came available I told Barry and he took it on
I bought a couple more mixers and worked on Oak Hill Prison Milton Keynes then Shrewsbury Bypass and A1 M1
link road didn’t see that finished as I sold up and moved to Spain in 1993

Cockney Rebel