UFO Transport - Wetherby & Woodkirk, Yorks

ramone:

les-p:

ramone:

les-p:
Photo from Truck Central, hope it doesn’t offend Alex if it does ill remove it, anyone not familiar with Truck Central its worth a look. Les.

That could well be Joe Cravens Les

It could be Ramone, just comes up as John Drakes old Scany on Truck Central, i don’t know how big U F O were and if they had more than one 142. Les.

My cousin worked there for 6 months and said they only had 1 V8 and Joe drove it .He took it when Joe was on holiday much to Joes an noyance

Does anyone have any names of the old UFO drivers, or subcontractors, or staff that worked out of Wetherby, or Woodkirk. I have spoken to 7 so far and got lots of photos. Regrettably many are no longer with us.

Joe Craven was the Road Foreman wherever he worked. Self Appointed of course. The only man I know who ran up a £1000 mobile phone bill telling tales.

Wheel Nut:
Joe Craven was the Road Foreman wherever he worked. Self Appointed of course. The only man I know who ran up a £1000 mobile phone bill telling tales.

Joe was a great guy in and out of work, he was a laugh a minute, nothing bothered him, only problem with Joe is he’s no longer with us. Les.

Wheel Nut:

100% spot on

How do I attach a Reefertrans or UFO photo

Reefertrans:

Here’s the link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62414

Hi Les you are right about Joe worked with him at Crows a laugh a minute
always jolly.

ERF-NGC-European:

Reefertrans:

Here’s the link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62414

Thank you

I worked in the paint shop there for 5 years, Jim Swales was manager, Simon scrancher and Alan Davies were the mechanics

I painted that truck😊

1 Like

There was a guy called Donald he drove for UFO NICE GUY BUT A NUT CASE :joy:

IMG_1021

IMG_1023

IMG_0807

A tweak.
Oily

Would have been Jim Horne, his Dad Arthur used to do most of the shunting for them

I worked there as driver from 1977 to 1982 First Reefertrans trailor was white as seen on photo which was taken at Antwerp after loading bananas unit was in Expressit colours F88 reg UWU 562N
Lads on photo L to R … Bob Webster Scania 111 subcontracter
Graeme Broadley and Stuart Strange

Hello everyone, thanks for posting the photos of the UFO trucks , my dad Michael Brown was a mechanic when UFO had the old aircraft hanger at Tockwith about 1977… i remember the driver Jim Horne, i was very lucky at about 10 years old to travel with Jim all the way to spain when dad had to go to what i recall was a truck that had broken down over there.
Allan

How is your Dad? Ask him about heavy duty window winder on f88 :rofl:

Hes good thank you for asking, i have just spoken to him ,
His reply to your question was, you hold a grudge for a long time :grin:

Thanks, now you’ve said Jim I remember him.