Tyre fitters

muckles:

the maoster:
^^^^ work hard or work smart? Instead of dicking about with seized prop bolts he should’ve just dropped a half shaft out.

That’s what the recovery guy did when the truck I driving needed towing, but I wouldn’t say the half shaft just dropped out, seemed to take a long while and a load of force.

With the right tools onboard like long ratchet ring wrenches impact wrench and extensions I’ve always found disconnecting the prop less aggro than pulling a half-shaft. Coaches and 7.5 tonners when it’s difficult to get under them are a bit different obviously.

I worked as a tyre fitter from 1978 til 1983 doing plant and lorries.
Looking back, it was hard dirty work, being called out at any hour in all types of wind weather but back in the day it was a frecin good earner. After passing my class 1 in 83,my first driving job actually paid less than I was earning on the tyres.

Tyre Fitting reminds me of the tale of the old bull and the young bull,

Let’s run over there and stuff one of those cows, no son, let’s walk over there and stuff them all! [emoji23]

The young ones get the new vans and 24 hour call outs, the elders get drive ins and answer the telephone [BLACK TELEPHONE]️