Trucker's Future post-Brexit

Franglais:

adam277:
Certain EU countries are starting to already start to lose their nerve on this ‘no more negotiation’ tabled by Brussels.

They are starting to realise that it’s not Brussels that will lose out on this but their own countries.
Also the UK has already committed to not putting a border in Ireland. It’s the EU that are insisting their has to be if a no deal brexit occurs. Dunno if they confirmed it yet but they have been very reluctant to say so far if they will actually put the wall up because the UK has already said it wont.

I don’t think that’s quite correct, mate. Eire and Brussels have both said “no hard border”. The UK has also said no hard border. We also say no border tween NI and the mainland, and none tween Eire and the rest of the EU?
So, as we keep asking how do we seperate the UK, (NI) from the EU (Eire)?
UK equal with NI.
NI equal with Eire.
Eire equal with France.
France NOT equal with UK.

Answer that and you’ll win the Nobel Prize for Topography!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Its a problem for sure but if your right and Brussels has confirmed they won’t enforce a border then there is no issue.
Yes it will be used as a backdoor into the EU/UK but that’s tomorrow’s problem.
Also the EU has so many illegal immigrants flooding in from other insecure borders it should hardly be considered as top priority.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4w7W-rduZ8
This was the video I was going on based on what guy verhofstadt said and his reluctance to say whether the EU will put a hard border up.

Once the EU can stop illegal immigrants from flooding in via the Cost of Spain, Greece and Italy then they can focus on the Irish border. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tbh some paddies making a couple of quid smuggling some baccy over the border doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

Franglais:

Winseer:

adam277:
I’ll just add that the remoaners preteching that a brexit will result in the end times in the attempt of a second referendum are just making their own position worse.

“When the Lamb opened the seventh seal - silence covered the sky”.

So what was in the box then?

“7 Trump-ets” - that’s what. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah.
“Seven swans a-swimming”

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

“Seven bombs a-flying”

Post Brexit, how about UK drivers run into the center of the country where all the hubs now are, and overseas drivers struggle to land in Britain, and then cross miles of UK road system - to get to these hubs that have been proliferating in the center rather than at or near the ports…

Over time, regardless of Brexit being rigidly enforced or not - foreign truckers will go bust one by one, simply no longer able to ship stuff across the UK at French diesel prices…
The whole globalist system - appears to be unravelling before our very eyes now…
The perfect chance to re-build our own internal infrastructure, and walk off into the sunset.

Winseer:
Post Brexit, how about UK drivers run into the center of the country where all the hubs now are, and overseas drivers struggle to land in Britain, and then cross miles of UK road system - to get to these hubs that have been proliferating in the center rather than at or near the ports…

Over time, regardless of Brexit being rigidly enforced or not - foreign truckers will go bust one by one, simply no longer able to ship stuff across the UK at French diesel prices…
The whole globalist system - appears to be unravelling before our very eyes now…
The perfect chance to re-build our own internal infrastructure, and walk off into the sunset.

You really need to lay off the drugs.

I am BOB… bored of brexit!

who really cares,fed up of hearing about it

With a bit of luck, everyone not in favour of Brexit - will now kindly stand aside, and let the rest of us 52% get on with it now. We didn’t get riots when Blair won power in 1997, nor when Gordon Brown couldn’t survive in 2010… Just let it happen. Leave the visionaries to reap the opportunities of the future. The sky won’t fall in on the heads of those not involved, nor those that thought they were going to lose out, any more than it did in 1997 or 2010.

My suggestion is that in 2019, regardless of Brexit happening on time March 29th - those of us working for “Brexit-Ready” firms - will prosper, whilst those hoping it’ll never happen - will struggle.

The “Lay-off season” for 2019 - will likely be next Autumn.
Why?

Struggling firms - won’t be able to afford the premium rates required of anyone trying (reluctantly) late in the day to go out and grab some drivers come Christmas 2019…

I anticipate a major availability of Full Time jobs over the Summer of 2019, which will accenuate any shortages even further than now - at local levels at least.

If you’re in a full-time job already, then I wouldn’t worry much about the future - unless and until your firm suddenly goes ■■■■-up, at which point you’ll need to move quickly - or get flooded out by returning home EE’s vacating agencies, leaving all the “vacancies” at agency-related places, rather than the full time recruiting yards that you’ll presumably be looking for… :neutral_face:

truckman020:
who really cares,fed up of hearing about it

Which is exactly what tptb want, with you accepting anything they say as true in order to bring in what they want.

Courtesy of John Redwood, MP for Wokingham:

Readers will remember past leaks from a senior official, Dame Lucy. Another has come to my attention……

Dear Frank (I’m not sure who he is)
The Prime Minister is rightly pressing on with the Withdrawal Agreement. As you know, the Cabinet Office has been strongly behind this initiative, as it offers us the best chance to protect all that is best about our current membership whilst fulfilling the letter of the remit to leave the EU on 29 March 2019. We have carried out a substantial scoping exercise, and presented Ministers with the enormity of the task, reflecting all the inherent agreements and arrangements that have arisen from 45 years of membership of the EEC/EU. We have also responded to those Ministers who have said they are looking for a compromise between Remain and Leave, and wish to reflect the Opposition position that there must be no damage to jobs and trade. Some Ministers as at the Treasury and Business recognise that it will take a lot of time to try to get these features of our current membership into any future partnership agreement, though they would like to do so.
The truth is there has been no Agreement on offer which duplicates our membership of the Customs Union and single market which also meets the requirements to exit freedom of movement and to leave the EU. Because of this we worked with the EU on the sequencing proposal. Now it is established that the UK has to sign up to the money and a number of important obligations up front to reassure the EU, we can proceed to highlight the possible addition of better trading terms and some agreement on customs once the Withdrawal Agreement is signed. As you can see from the WA we have allowed plenty of time, with 21 months to be followed by up to a further 2 years. This means of course there could be one or more General elections before the negotiations are finished. The Opposition policy of wanting to stay in the Customs Union and single market would not be pre empted before at least one General election had occurred, which might be best in the circumstances, assuming we need all the time laid down to try to sort out a future partnership. Meanwhile, though we have technically left, all obligations and legal arrangements remain the same.
There is concern in the Unit that the WA might not get through the Commons. We have briefed Ministers to stress there might be no Brexit without the WA, and to highlight the uncertainties rejecting the WA will create. We need to help them respond to those who argue that just leaving and trading under WTO terms is a true Brexit. The government has successfully stressed that such a Brexit would be “hard” and like falling off a cliff. We may need to send out more of the material from the scoping survey showing just how many things might change, and how they might change for the worse without the continuity provided by the WA.I understand there are a few large multinationals prepared to forecast problems for supply chains and transport which we must give prominence to. The government is very preoccupied by the Union, so it is good that the EU stresses the significance of the Irish border issues.
This current fluid situation leaves open the danger of just leaving by default. That is why we must draw attention to the risks, and help Ministers stress the advantages of staying in and spending more time trying to get the future partnership right. In practice once we have signed the WA our bargaining position is much reduced, so we also need in private with Ministers to lower expectations of what can be achieved in subsequent negotiations. Treasury and Business seem aware of this, but some other departments are less well informed. We need to ensure the Trade department does not raise hopes of any early breakthrough for a Free Trade Agreement with the USA or some other non EU state, as that would be seen as provocative on the continent. We also need to ready departments for the rush of new EU legislation likely to come from the new Parliament and Commission, which we must implement thoroughly in our usual way.
Yours
Lucy

Says all there is to say about our duplicitous MP’s and civil servants.

Winseer:
With a bit of luck, everyone not in favour of Brexit - will now kindly stand aside, and let the rest of us 52% get on with it now. We didn’t get riots when Blair won power in 1997, nor when Gordon Brown couldn’t survive in 2010… Just let it happen. Leave the visionaries to reap the opportunities of the future. The sky won’t fall in on the heads of those not involved, nor those that thought they were going to lose out, any more than it did in 1997 or 2010.

I don’t think it’s 52% in favour anymore. I voted leave and certainly wouldn’t now.

From what I can see many warnings issued by experts that were dismissed as ‘Project Fear’ are starting to come to fruition & the Brexit we were sold is unravelling as a con.

From a Treasury paper concerning the immediate impact of a Brexit vote, released in May 2016.

“The analysis in this document comes to a clear central conclusion: a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000, GDP would be 3.6% smaller, average real wages would be lower, inflation higher, sterling weaker, house prices would be hit and public borrowing would rise compared with a vote to remain”.
“The analysis also presents a downside scenario, finding that the shock could be much more profound, meaning the effect on the economy would be worse still. The rise in uncertainty could be amplified, the volatility in financial markets more tumultuous, and the extent of the impact to living standards more acute. In this severe scenario, GDP would be 6% smaller, there would be a deeper recession, and the number of people made unemployed would rise by around 800,000 compared with a vote to remain. The hit to wages, inflation, house prices and borrowing would be larger. There is a credible risk that this more acute scenario could materialise”

David Cameron implied a third World War could be on the horizon. George Osborne warned of an immediate emergency budget which, of course, never happened. Anna Soubry MP claimed a recession would occur simply by a vote to Leave. Of course, once the truth transpires which shows a particular claim to be false, there is rarely even a minor mention of it by the press.

Two stories that illuminate everything about the Project Fear campaign;

‘Airbus warns no-deal could see it leave UK’, and ‘Airbus UK exit warning for thousands of Welsh jobs.’ Problem is Airbus never said this. Furthermore, no mainstream media outlet felt it appropriate to mention the judgement from the World Trade Organisation’s Appellate Court which, after nearly a decade of investigations, declared Airbus had been in receipt of $22billion of illegal subsidies from the EU. Hardly a credible neutral company to be taken seriously during the Brexit process.

BMW were alleged to have joined Airbus in claiming they will leave the UK in the event of ‘No Deal’. Yet only days later this myth was dispelled when Ian Robertson, BMWs Special Representative to the UK, said the scare stories were nonsense. “We are committed to our operation in the UK, our workforce here, and the fact we sell 250, 000 cars here.”

In some ways it will be more interesting if the fear propaganda wins out and we stay in.

Can’t wait to see the Tory party and it’s traitors wiped out at the next election.
If they stand by their (and Labour’s) election promises and provide a Brexit, then they will probably survive.

Not sure which would be the most satisfying outcome, if genuine Brexit is betrayed then what will replace the wiped out Tories over the next three terms of parliament could be very interesting, not too sure those who would see democracy utterly defiled will like what will result.
Bring it on.

rob22888:
I don’t think it’s 52% in favour anymore. I voted leave and certainly wouldn’t now.

From what I can see many warnings issued by experts that were dismissed as ‘Project Fear’ are starting to come to fruition & the Brexit we were sold is unravelling as a con.

So tell us exactly why did you supposedly vote leave what changed and how can we possibly be worse off than having to go on adding to the national debt to fill the black hole of our EU net contributions bill and trade deficit.

On that note we can probably add the supposed regretful leave voter to all the other desperate under hand methods and lies being resorted to by the remainer EU Federalist quislings infesting the country.

The only way the Tory party can survive as it is is if it fulfils a No Deal exit from the EU. That won’t happen. As the government response says, at the foot of this petition, Neither Parliament nor the Government want a ‘no deal’ scenario. Hence, at the next GE whenever that is, the Tories are toast. And whilst the new Labour government is burning the economy to a cinder their infighting will be shown to all.

If there is one thing that has come out of all this Brexit fiasco it is that the politicians have shown themselves for what they are. They have nowhere to hide from the scrutiny of the people, their self-serving laid bare for all to see. The response of MP’s to the government being found in contempt of parliament spoke volumes; grown men and women throwing a hissy fit, without any semblance of the fact that parliament has been in contempt of the people of this country for years.

^^^ as above, the veils have fallen away, politics will never again be the same.

Carryfast:

rob22888:

So tell us exactly why did you supposedly vote leave what changed and how can we possibly be worse off than having to go on adding to the national debt to fill the black hole of our EU net contributions bill and trade deficit.

On that note we can probably add the supposed regretful leave voter to all the other desperate under hand methods and lies being resorted to by the remainer EU Federalist quislings infesting the country.

I voted leave because of immigration. I favour the idea of not having open borders to Europe, but have ultimately decided it wasn’t going to effect my life too much & that the benefits of remaining in the heart of Europe outweigh the negatives.

There are no countries in the world worth having quality trade deals with more than your close neighbours, especially when many of those neighbours are wealthy developed nations. We are chucking these frictionless trading relationships we will never match or better away in the pursuit of some pie in the sky “global Britain” utopia.

Try to seek out hard facts & evidence that supports the idea that Brexit will benefit this country on the whole & improve the lives of those living here and it’s depressing how lacking they are.

rob22888:

Carryfast:

rob22888:

I voted leave because of immigration. I favour the idea of not having open borders to Europe, but have ultimately decided it wasn’t going to effect my life too much & that the benefits of remaining in the heart of Europe outweigh the negatives.

There are no countries in the world worth having quality trade deals with more than your close neighbours, especially when many of those neighbours are wealthy developed nations. We are chucking these frictionless trading relationships we will never match or better away in the pursuit of some pie in the sky “global Britain” utopia.

Try to seek out hard facts & evidence that supports the idea that Brexit will benefit this country on the whole & improve the lives of those living here and it’s depressing how lacking they are.

What actually changed regarding the immigration issue ?.Suddenly deciding that it doesn’t ‘affect your life too much’ doesn’t really cut it as an answer let alone the question of the truth of that statement.That issue obviously varying from the easy free movement of low wage expectation labour to the enforcement of non EU immigration quotas and rights on us by the EU leadership and ECHR etc who as usual we have no electoral control over.All of which certainly has the potential to and is affecting all our lives.In the form of an over supplied labour market decimating wage levels and tax revenues while adding to the demand for social security and health provision and housing.In addition to creating localised foreign enclaves of whichever type.

As for ‘evidence’ it’s your lying Federalist rabble who need to provide the evidence as to how paying billions in net contributions for the privilege of a trade relationship which costs us billions more in the form of the net import bill is supposedly good for us.Let alone when that relationship is at the cost of throwing away our country to be a vassal state of an illegal rogue wannabee federal superstate.

On that note you’ll see that I don’t buy the remainer tactic of the pretend supposed regretful leave voter in the hope that it will get them what they want in the form of a second referendum.

Franglais:
So, as we keep asking how do we seperate the UK, (NI) from the EU (Eire)?
UK equal with NI.
NI equal with Eire
Eire equal with France.
France NOT equal with UK.

Answer that and you’ll win the Nobel Prize for Topography!

Feel free to explain how NI has been ‘equal’ with Eire since 1921 ?.So tell us exactly when did the Anglo Irish treaty seperating Ulster from Eire,cease to be in effect ?.

Or for that matter under what legal basis does a non declared de Jure,let alone Internationally recognised De Facto,state in the form of the non country of the EU,have the right to designate a border in its own right ?.IE there can be no EU border because there is no such even de Jure country/state of the EU but there is two seperate internationally recognised de Facto states in the form of Eire and UK since 1920.It’s then up to the two seperate recognised countries to decide their border arrangements not the bleedin EU and if Eire wishes to isolate itself from the UK by tearing up the established agreements like the CTA between the two countries then,as Bewick rightly says,go for it.The fact is the EU is scared of the Irish situation because it is the proof that the EU is just a stinking rogue wannabee Federal state but with no legal basis to claim statehood and which hopefully never will have.

The EU and Europe are 2 very different entities the EU is trying to achieve what Hitler failed to do achieve , a one world government unelected of course