Trailer legs/sunlight

Keep em manual, some of my best moments have involved lifting a pair of legs up. Almost had a heart attack once with a really resistant pair, soon sorted with a bit of lube and a few Bacardi breezers.

[Oh FFS if Joe public happens to be reading this I don’t drink Bacardi breezers on the job, I’m just making a lewd but subtle reference to coitus and ■■■■■■■■■ for lite whimsey]

youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZU1F9FpRk

Looks a rather expensive way to save virtually zero time and how long before it’s defected/buggered? KISS…

TiredAndEmotional:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZU1F9FpRk

Looks a rather expensive way to save virtually zero time and how long before it’s defected/buggered? KISS…

Yeah give me some of that.

Follow the BARC code
B (check trailer brake is applied),
A (check alignment, make sure you don’t do £10k of damage by reversing out of line either horizontally or laterally)
R (reverse into trailer!)
C (check everything is working for the road journey)

When is VOSA bringing them in? :smiley:

TiredAndEmotional:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZU1F9FpRk

Good in theory. Won`t save too much time. Still gotta climb out of the cab to take the obligatory ■■■■ up against the trailer wheels though surely?

Does it automatically change the number plate for you as well■■?

I used a trailer with power legs, just plug your electric lead in then you got up and down lever, easy, but its just something else to go wrong at 3am in the morning when its pouring with rain and blowing a gale!

Those air operated legs were around 40 odd years ago. As a young fitters mate I was often sent to the docks to remove them so the driver could deliver his load, they got bent, they froze up, they leaked air.

TheNewBoy:

In many European countries you don’t need to change trailer plates, so not an issue for most drivers that might use it. :wink:

But yes, something else to go wrong. :confused:

TheNewBoy:

I’ve had an idea about this.
Instead of the number plate there’s an LCD display that’s default setting will be to display the tractor units registration but can also be used to inform vehicles behind of stuff and helpful messages or just ■■■■ clips.

Things like:
Pulling into next layby.
My other trucks a V8
OK to pass, well sort of, no hang on not now, should have gone earlier if your quick you can go now.
Driver lost.
Bet you wish your wife was as dirty as this truck.
Want to play a game…
Etc.

Probably be abused though and just show adverts.

peterm:
How about one of those stair lift thingies to get you in and out of the cab.

not a bad idea,i did ask but didn’t get anywhere,still you can only try

Wheel Nut 3:
Those air operated legs were around 40 odd years ago. As a young fitters mate I was often sent to the docks to remove them so the driver could deliver his load, they got bent, they froze up, they leaked air.

yeah,but bear in mind it was 40 yrs ago,technology has come a long way since then