Traffic light amber - too short?

red…stop
green… go
amber…put your foot down and welly it through them.
the above has worked well for me over the last 40 years. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
red…stop
green… go
amber…put your foot down and welly it through them.
the above has worked well for me over the last 40 years. :slight_smile:

Sounds about right.

I try not to make direct eye contact with a green light. Definitely helps.

It’s funny that carryfast should mention 15 feet. I’d just loaded out of Spitalfields. Fruit and veg’ so not a great deal of weight. 35 foot trailer. Late 60’s or early 70’s. Lights went amber, I went through, on amber. Copper pulled me and I was summonsed. In court he said I was 15 feet from the line and I thought, well you’ve cocked that one up, but no, the arshole magistrate went with the ■■■■■■■■ copper and I was fined and endorsed. Did I mention ■■■■■■■■■■

In Germany they used to have another light set before the junction if it was flashing the junction lights were about to change .
They also had many linked traffic light systems, these had flashing speed signals built along the route , if you stuck to the speed indicated you caught all the signals on green .
The signal systems in the UK seem to be very poorly set up and in many areas are not sequenced to aid traffic flow .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Is it my imagination, or do lights with cameras on them have a slightly shorter amber?

Drempels:
Is it my imagination, or do lights with cameras on them have a slightly shorter amber?

I’m with you on that!

I got flashed by the camera on the A13 Westbound, leaving Dagenham. The lights changed to amber as my cab crossed the line, and I got flashed as the trailer went through :open_mouth:

No NIP though, so Lady Luck smiled on me.

Groen Golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk