Toronto.

glad of that fantastic info only been here 9yrs I assume the job u have been trying to fill is obviously not wanted by anybody but tks anyway

Nobody said anything about not mentioning negatives, but hearing the same old ■■■■ time after time gets a bit boring.

Robinhood is indeed a good contributer to this forum, no doubt about that.

But, many times he has told of the unpaid layovers, the requirement to then falsify logs to make up for lost time, he has told of the threats of being sacked and even of threats of violence.

Contrary to all of that, away from the maritimes there is none of that, sure there are crap jobs about, but nothing like it appears to be out there.

You ask why I don’t sort out a database of good jobs for Brits wanting to come over? Simple answer to that. I’m not a recruiter, if somebody PMs me then I’ll answer as best I can, but I’m not up on who has LMOs and the rest of it, so don’t want to give out the wrong information. Also the site itself has rules about advertising, so as a moderator I can hardly be seen to be breaking those rules.

If you’ve been monitoring the forum for a while, you’ll see that I ■■■■ and moan as much as the neat man (unless the next man is Robinhood lol )

The other thing to take into consideration is that this stuff is mostly opinions and I’m entitled to mine as much as anyone else is entitled to theirs. Sometimes that will cause a conflict as we don’t always agree with everything everybody says all the time, but we should all be wearing big boy pants by now, so if anyone’s feelings get hurt by a little bit of internet arguing then blame the parents for raising a whiney little ■■■■■.

Pat Hasler:
Robinhood is right Steve, I get a minimum weekly plus any detention time on top, so I am on hourly pay since 07.00am Friday until I leave the plant. As it happens today the receiver arrived and said I would be out of there by 3.00pm, but then he vanished and some other guy said … “No, it could be Monday”
My wife is now near Buffalo on her way here to the Holiday Inn in Missassauga to spend two nights with me, the manager at the factory drove me here after he finished his shift, it’s 25 miles from the factory.

Nice one Pat. If your’e stuck up there again travel a little further south to Burlington. A big ex -pat community, soccer, rugby and choirs. Pubs and people are tremendous.
My second home at one time.

Regards Paul.

stevejones:
glad of that fantastic info only been here 9yrs I assume the job u have been trying to fill is obviously not wanted by anybody but tks anyway

Try giving your kid their phone back and start posting legible replies from A N other source , then I be able to fathom out what you mean by tks . Also been here 9 yrs and have never earned so much in my life , bonus being I work part time . Enjoy the flight m8 :laughing: .

Sunday morning the plant manager called to say they could take the load, Kate drove me there and it was empty by 11.00am, I drove the truck to our hotel and went into the city with Kate and Sadie, we went up the CN tower and to the beach, got up and left at 9.00am Monday stopping at the Husky truck stop at exit 74 on the QEW with her and Sadie for breakfast. Got my email pay advice last night $2162.00 so it ain’t all that bad plus … Foodliner are taking the hotel bill also.

Pat Hasler:
Sunday morning the plant manager called to say they could take the load, Kate drove me there and it was empty by 11.00am, I drove the truck to our hotel and went into the city with Kate and Sadie, we went up the CN tower and to the beach, got up and left at 9.00am Monday stopping at the Husky truck stop at exit 74 on the QEW with her and Sadie for breakfast. Got my email pay advice last night $2162.00 so it ain’t all that bad plus … Foodliner are taking the hotel bill also.

Nice one Pat