& looked like Les Dawson in a dress!! (with ‘that thing’) on “his” back :wink:

Ross.

bigr250:

harry:
had a voice like a geezer.

& looked like Les Dawson in a dress!! (with ‘that thing’) on “his” back :wink:

Ross.

+1 -LOL
Lovely day,beautiful country & “Bang!” you walk straight into a gritty episode of Corrie on a rainy day.- terrific! This is what this job is all about.

gb1:
Spent a few days there in the mid-80’s when I worked for BRS Peterborough. We’d had a truck stolen, and
it had been spotted in the area, so accompanied by one of our mechanics, we based ourselves there for
a few days, hoping to glean any information from regulars in the area.
To be fair, we were well looked after, and I also remember going down to the beach where we had a
great night out.
To conclude the story, we eventually found the truck, although there’s much more to the tale.

Further to the story, the mechanic that went with me was an ex driver, who knew most of the packhouses in the area. Anybody remember Brian Pape, or know what he’s up to nowadays? (Probably retired)

Avia link,black trucks,yellow writing,anyone remember them?

Yup I remember Tilly’s, yes Baileys do have an office there, get trollied and wake up with the guy from the office banging on your door saying you must hurry. Revision at either Silla or Sagunto or even Burgos at a push if you loaded late, those were the days great fun…

I thought so. my favourite revision was vilamia, just pick up your papers at the bp at la jonquera on the way through…

From the Shell garage at La Jonquera, on a Saturday evening, ah yes, good memories…

Further to the story, the mechanic that went with me was an ex driver, who knew most of the packhouses in the area. Anybody remember Brian Pape, or know what he’s up to nowadays? (Probably retired)

Yea I used to work with him on Hargrave International, he lived in a Caravan in Market Deeping half the year and Spain the other half…near Tilleys i think not seen him for a while…